#TwitchSellout

oldmanbabe

Does anyone know when and why Linus and team decided the WAN show need a sub button? Did they finally decide to post more than once weekly? It's been a while since I watched the WAN show live so I didn't catch if they explained. I remember that Linus had at one point said that there wasn't going to be a sub button...

I know that, just wanted to know when it changed. No need to get defensive over my question. I even explained my reason for asking.

Just now, Aytex said:

#Youdontneedtosubifyoudontneedtoo

Their not forcing you to do shit...

Lol this statement has never been truer. Even with likes, people say they are forcing them to like but that isn't at all the case they even say that at the end of their videos; like the video if you liked it dislike it if you've hated it and leave a comment if your feelings is more complicated than *thumbs up* *thumbs down*. Many people today just can't really see what LTT is doing they are providing 100% free content for us, we don't even have to contribute in any way. 

And their last video made me rip my hair off; How to install a graphics card. PEOPLE HATED IT! I can't understand why really I can't. Not in a single scenario why you wouldn't want LTT to be providing valuable information to a broader audience. It's not like it's going to push back scrapyard wars it's actually the opposite. >:( I hate ignorant viewers!

2 minutes ago, oldmanbabe said:

I know that, just wanted to know when it changed. No need to get defensive over my question. I even explained my reason for asking.

A simple reason might be another way  for you to contribute, maybe you don't like the idea of buying a t-shirt or contributing on the forum directly and also might want to support twitch? I don't really quite know these are all just some rational guesses. :S

maybe when scrapyard wars comes out people will stop whining.

Just now, jaffer said:

True and LTT will be able to relax for just a tiny bit before Pro duo gets realsed and computex.

6 minutes ago, oldmanbabe said:

He got defensive because he probably enjoys the LMG content as much as the rest of us and your title was #TwitchSellout, which correct me if I'm wrong, has implications associated to it. If it wasn't meant to, then you worded it horribly.

#Ihatehashtagging

8 minutes ago, oldmanbabe said:

You kinda asked for it when your title was "#TwitchSellout"...

7 minutes ago, oldmanbabe said:

tbh thats not what the title and the text in your post really say, they atleast make you sound but hurt af if we are being honest. Its also optional and they put it there for 2 reasons as far as i can tell, 1: they want the newer people to know that they can sub if they want to and 2: they are a company, they need the money from all sources they can, so twitch sub button advertising is something they do to earn some cash :) thats the most objective answer i can give you here

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

39 minutes ago, oldmanbabe said:

Does anyone know when and why Linus and team decided the WAN show need a sub button? Did they finally decide to post more than once weekly? It's been a while since I watched the WAN show live so I didn't catch if they explained. I remember that Linus had at one point said that there wasn't going to be a sub button...

They have been partnered with Twitch since pretty much the first day they started streaming over there... Like, actual partnership.

46 minutes ago, jaffer said:

Hahaha. Man if only. They'll probably whinge about something, whether it be only one episode per week, or some people might think the new format is too long or whatever, someone somewhere will find something to complain about I am sure of it.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Twitch does just hand out sub buttons without applying for it all the time.

I see Youtubes starting doing some Twitch content and they just get sub buttons very quickly and then they are surprised to see it.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q