Amd 7000 series nearly gone

Bingbing10

So with the anticipated releases of the Amd volcanic island release in the end of this month early October , majority of the uk computer sites are all out of stock on the 7970 and 7950 ( some 7870 still left) , with scan totally out of stock on both 7950 and 7970. This must mean that the 9000 series ( whatever they are naming them ) is really close , but should we be expecting them to come back in stock or not ? Like you can still buy gtx 600 series ?

What do you guys think and are you eagerly awaiting these cards because I definitely am

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

They should come back but probably not too soon

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I would say that you can buy 7000 series for maybe a year from now. :)

I think it's just that everyone is buying them because they're stupidly cheap.

Well my stance was to wait to see what the new volcanic island series would come up with @CoolBeans and then if they weren't anything special for the price I was thinking of going for a crossfire 7950 setup but this doesn't really like I'm going to be able to , as they are all still awaiting ETA

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

I don't think AMD is going to keep making them, but any that are still around in these stores are just their stockpile from when that graphics card was current gen

If AMD still have 7000 series GPU's left over then they will definitely be making them, well at least the other manufacturers. People still buy 5000/6000 series GPU's, brand new if they can, there's definitely a market for them.

With Tahiti being used in the mid level cards of next gen, they may be stockpiling the chips.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Well they will have scaled down production for one and the price drops would have increased sales quite a bit so I would say it's a combination of both factors. I'd be shocked if none came back in stock. 

Yeah i'd imagine they would let stock go down a bit so their 9000 series cards get more interest. then after awhile they'd bring back the 7000 series, and besides i'm sure anyone who wanted a 7000 series card has gotten one in the past month or two while prices were so good.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

if you look in more they are some left ;) but the startegy AMD running is trying to sell the rest of them by lowering the price alot

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight