Liam My Secondary Gaming Computer

This desktop I built using my old pentium g3258 processor that I had from before I upgraded my main desktop to a core i5 4690k. I keep this computer at a family member's house

CPU: This little powerhouse I have overclocked to 3.8 ghz at stock voltage with the stock cooler. This processor used to be the workhorse of my main desktop before I bought a core i5 so I know what this little thing can handle.

Motherboard: At Microcenter I bought this motherboard for $50 and it works great the only thing I wish it had was a usb 3.0 connector and heatsyncs on the power delivery

RAM: I originally bought on this RAM kit Newegg for $35 to upgrade my old Alienware x51 but when I started to build this computer I decided to replace the old Alienware with this computer so I just put the original RAM back into the Alienware and put the 8gb kit of ram into the custom built one

Hard Drives: I originally bought the 320gb hard drive off amazon for $25 and it works fine with o problems but when I realized that 320gb wasn't enough room to for the videos I make for my YouTube channel so I saved up some money and bought the 1tb Seagate hard drive to store all of my larger games and videos

GPU: I bought this graphics card used from a friend for $50 its a nvidia geforce gtx 650ti and it works like a charm and since its one of my only 3 graphics cards (one of which being the one in my old Alienware) that can actually run modern titles at 1080p I can expect this graphics card to get quite a bit of use

PSU: I originally was going to buy the 430 watt version of this power supply but I saw the 500 watt one was only $5 more so I got the 500 watt one

Wireless card: I got this wireless card for $10 off Amazon and it works nothing more I can say

Case: This case I had for a while and I even had the front usb and headphone ports replaced on it because the original ones broke but the case is still a good case so I reused it for this machine

Monitor: The monitor I have is a Acer X203W its a great monitor and continues to work great after having it for a while

Fans: The fans that I used in this build are just 2 fans I had laying around they aren't the quietest but they work and that's all I need. I can upgrade the fans in the future but for now they work and move enough air.

Sickers: I bought the Pentium sticker off Ebay for $2 with shipping, the Gskill sticker I saved from when I bought it, and for the EVGA sticker this is actually pretty cool I contacted EVGA's support team and they sent me 3 Powered By EVGA stickers even though I bought the EVGA video card used from a friend

And for the ones wondering my old Alienware is the 2013 model with a Sandy Bridge Core i3 3220 and the Pentium while overclocked is just as fast and I prefer the fact that I'm not limited to a ITX chassis that can only accommodate a blower style GPU without overheating and with the custom built computer I have more room for upgrades and am able to fit a non blower style aftermarket GPU

If anyone knows of any upgrades that I can make in the future to this computer please leave a comment below I do use this computer for gaming in video editing for people who want to know.

56e9bcf774f55_PhotoMar1441543PM.thumb.jp

Photo Mar 11, 6 03 10 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 11, 11 46 38 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 11, 11 46 55 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 10, 9 50 32 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 14, 4 05 59 PM.jpg

this is pretty cool, nice job

why do you want to put the stickers manufacturers give you, lol

To make it better/upgrade it down the line;

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE clean up the cables in the case

maybe get an ssd?

gpu/cpu when possible, then it'll be a really powerful build for the price :P

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

that's a nice build! Can you OC the Pentium to 4ghz?

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

cable management.

pls.

besides that, good build! :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

3 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

that's a nice build! Can you OC the Pentium to 4ghz?

I can probably but then I would have to play arround with the voltages which I have never messed arround with before and I don't want to fry my cpu from accidently putting the voltage too high

3 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

cable management.

pls.

besides that, good build! :D

4 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

this is pretty cool, nice job

why do you want to put the stickers manufacturers give you, lol

To make it better/upgrade it down the line;

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE clean up the cables in the case

maybe get an ssd?

gpu/cpu when possible, then it'll be a really powerful build for the price :P

cables are already zip tied and routed to the best that case will allow there literally is no ports on the case for the cables to be routed through

I might have missed something, but I don't think you actually said what GPU you had? Only that it was second hand from a friend?

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I can probably but then I would have to play arround with the voltages which I have never messed arround with before and I don't want to fry my cpu from accidently putting the voltage too high

Yeah, try the inbuilt OC utility, it's a lot easier if it's built in like MSI's motherboards!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ShaolinBear said:

I might have missed something, but I don't think you actually said what GPU you had? Only that it was second hand from a friend?

oh its a 650 ti

1 minute ago, ShaolinBear said:

Ah, thanks.

I have the same GPU. its nice

Spoiler

Just now, ZillaGames said:

I have the same GPU. its nice

Does it still run games well? Low @ 1080p?

Just now, ShaolinBear said:

Does it still run games well? Low @ 1080p?

High at 1080p in most cases, Advanced Warfare and Rivals both run at medium 1080p medium settings!

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

High at 1080p in most cases, Advanced Warfare and Rivals both run at medium 1080p medium settings!

Impressive! Held up well since you bought it, by the sound of it.

1 minute ago, ShaolinBear said:

Impressive! Held up well since you bought it, by the sound of it.

bought it 6 months ago for 50 bucks from a guy who bought a 960

Spoiler

5 hours ago, ZillaGames said:

bought it 6 months ago for 50 bucks from a guy who bought a 960

Lol that is very extremely coincidental because I bought my 650 ti from a friend who upgraded their desktop to a 960 too and good news today I just got a AMD quad core APU with a motherboard for free today :D maybe I can swap out the pentium with the intel board for the AMD quad core one

10 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Lol that is very extremely coincidental because I bought my 650 ti from a friend who upgraded their desktop to a 960 too and good news today I just got a AMD quad core APU with a motherboard for free today :D maybe I can swap out the pentium with the intel board for the AMD quad core one

Well, the Pentium is actually probably better than any of the quad core APUs from AMD as it is more overclockable :)

Spoiler