Grade my Rig

Judeau09
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,

so this is how much your rig cost without the gpu

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/72kfYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/72kfYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8120 3.1GHz 8-Core Processor  ($249.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $429.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-16 01:24 EDT-0400

this is what i can come up with

4core 8 thread processor, and a much larger storage, for cheaper

so... i'd rate your system quite low actually

edit: if i sound like an ass, im sorry, but im really strict when im judging a system :c

Hi there, if I posted I was looking around and I did not find any topic or sub-forum to put this on, so in advance let me know, and apologize if i did wrong.

So here is my set up

CPU: AMD FX 8120 black edition OC to 3.9

MOBO: GA-970A-D3

RAM: 2 Kingstone Hyper X 4GB 1600 Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST500DM002 500GB 16MB (planing to change this one soon)

CPU cooler Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

So please fell free to provide any feedback or recommendations, also the rig is normally use for gaming.

Thank you all

5 minutes ago, Judeau09 said:

Hi there, if I posted I was looking around and I did not find any topic or sub-forum to put this on, so in advance let me know, and apologize if i did wrong.

So here is my set up

HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST500DM002 500GB 16MB (planing to change this one soon)

CPU cooler Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212

So please fell free to provide any feedback or recommendations, also the rig is normally use for gaming.

Thank you all

this would probably go under the build planning category but...

whats your budget?

edit: i guess its already built

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Nothing bad about it, aside from the hard drive. Cable management is where things get serious.

4 minutes ago, Judeau09 said:

So here is my set up

CPU cooler Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212

Thank you all

Did you build this recently or is this a planed rig?  If it's planned, what's your budget?  Either way, that's a weak CPU for the price, and I would definitely throw an SSD in there.  What's the PSU?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Just now, Amazingasian said:

Did you build this recently or is this a planed rig?  If it's planned, what's your budget?  Either way, that's a weak CPU for the price, and I would definitely throw an SSD in there.  What's the PSU?

I have already have this build.

I am actually lloking to get maybe an SSD for like 120GB and another HDD of 1TB

My PSU is an Extreme Power Plus 550W, when i got this I didnt  know about the 80 plus stuff

Just now, Judeau09 said:

I have already have this build.

I am actually lloking to get maybe an SSD for like 120GB and another HDD of 1TB

My PSU is an Extreme Power Plus 550W, when i got this I didnt  know about the 80 plus stuff

That PSU sounds absolutely horrible.  I would change it to a Seasonic or XFX unit as soon as possible.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

this would probably go under the build planning category but...

whats your budget?

edit: i guess its already built

YEs I already build it, just looking for feedback and recommendations xD

Spoiler

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.95 @ SuperBiiz) 

edit: if i sound like an ass, im sorry, but im really strict when im judging a system :c

2 minutes ago, Judeau09 said:

YEs I already build it, just looking for feedback and recommendations xD

well, if you're looking for suggestions

i would always suggest adding an ssd to your system to make it snappier

and as amazingasian mentioned, a better power supply too

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

That PSU sounds absolutely horrible.  I would change it to a Seasonic or XFX unit as soon as possible.  

Yeah, it works at the moment, but is on the list of to change stuff like my case I have a Cm 692 II Advance Nvidia Special Edition ATX Mid-Tower Case, now regreting really bad, I know it look like I am a coolermaster fan boy, but at that time that was the best and within my budget so that why I am here

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Hide contents

You could change the 2TB blue to a faster 7200RPM 1TB blue and add an Adata SP550 SSD.  

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

You could change the 2TB blue to a faster 7200RPM 1TB blue and add an Adata SP550 SSD.  

Wow thank you and also to @Moonzy this are the kind of things that I want to learn.

Also a saw this case CORSAIR GRAPHITE 230T Naranja Led USB 3.0, it looks nice and that has loots of space, or do you recommend something better?

1 minute ago, Judeau09 said:

Wow thank you and also to @Moonzy this are the kind of things that I want to learn.

Also a saw this case CORSAIR GRAPHITE 230T Naranja Led USB 3.0, it looks nice and that has loots of space, or do you recommend something better?

If you have a lot of dust around the computer, I would recommend something with a dust filter because that case doesn't have very good filtering in the front.

1 minute ago, Judeau09 said:

if you wanna learn about computer parts planning, you can browse the subforum for it, you'll learn what to and what not to do there

i learnt how to plan a build on here quite recently tbh xD

case is a very personal thing, but if you ask for my recomendations, i would suggest you check out the h440, its costly but a pc case can be used for a looooong time if taken care of :D 

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if you wanna learn about computer parts planning, you can browse the subforum for it, you'll learn what to and what not to do there

i learnt how to plan a build on here quite recently tbh xD

case is a very personal thing, but if you ask for my recomendations, i would suggest you check out the h440, its costly but a pc case can be used for a looooong time if taken care of :D 

Thank you, all this information was really useful, I just need to check if i can find all of this in my area or how to get it xD

Get yourself an SSD, you'll will wish you had bought one sooner.

Other than that it looks like a good 1080p gaming build... BTW whats temps are you getting on your CPU overclocked with the Evo 212 ???

6 hours ago, The_KIASER said:

Get yourself an SSD, you'll will wish you had bought one sooner.

Other than that it looks like a good 1080p gaming build... BTW whats temps are you getting on your CPU overclocked with the Evo 212 ???

When doing the test using prime95 the maximum was 50 °C, if I recall correctly maybe reached the 56 when doing one of the tests

F+

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

F+

Thank you for the F+, mind expanding, this will be really useful xD

When the rig was build a friend helped me, but now I see that he might have done a lousy job, with the MOBO and CPU, but to be honest those 2 components are the only ones I have not change since the beginning, my GPU that was originally on the rig died because some bad handling when I changes the case, and got my GTX970 on a good deal, and recently changed the RAM as some game are getting more demanding

6 minutes ago, Judeau09 said:

Thank you for the F+, mind expanding, this will be really useful xD

When the rig was build a friend helped me, but now I see that he might have done a lousy job, with the MOBO and CPU, but to be honest those 2 components are the only ones I have not change since the beginning, my GPU that was originally on the rig died because some bad handling when I changes the case, and got my GTX970 on a good deal, and recently changed the RAM as some game are getting more demanding

There's nothing wrong with the build, my comment was intended only for comic value.  On a side note though, I love the GTX 970 (enough for me to buy two of them).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

There's nothing wrong with the build, my comment was only for comic value.

Oh well, thank you then

13 hours ago, Judeau09 said:

When doing the test using prime95 the maximum was 50 °C, if I recall correctly maybe reached the 56 when doing one of the tests

Wow, didn't think that cooler had that much capacity to dissipate all that heat... Good to know, and that makes me even happier about recommending it to people as a budget friendly cooler.

39 minutes ago, The_KIASER said:

Wow, didn't think that cooler had that much capacity to dissipate all that heat... Good to know, and that makes me even happier about recommending it to people as a budget friendly cooler.

Some People say that hyper 212 Plus is better, but the EVO works really well for me

38 minutes ago, The_KIASER said:

lol didn't read close enough, thought it was a hyper...

Yes it is a Hyper 212 EVO, i miss place the words, sorry for that