(US - Amazon) - Dell 24'' 4K Monitor, $389 + more screen sizes

Tocsin_786

for the price of an amazing 1440p inch monitor comes the dell 24'' 4K monitor. But i dont know if the resolution to screen size is worth it. Ive yet to own a 4k monitor but i guess its good for people who want to experience it. its $210 off MSRP. Also the 27'' model is $179 off MSRP

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-P2415Q-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00PC9HFNY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1458102753&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+Ultra+HD+4K+Monitor+P2415Q+24-Inch+Screen+LED-Lit+Monitor

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Not a fan of that resolution in such a relatively small size, but for $389...wow.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

1 minute ago, MegaDave91 said:

Not a fan of that resolution in such a relatively small size, but for $389...wow.

yea same here. but the 27'' is about $100 more. Also i didnt realize that the 5k model on that list is also like 1500 dollars off. thats a crazy deal.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

8 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Crazy Deal....but at the moment I prefer my 1440P panel from Dell. As I don't have the money to upgrade any of my hardware to handle gaming at 4k. 

Nonetheless...DPI scaling on Windows side of things may discourage some people

I don't understand the entire argument for windows DPI scaling. It works great on windows 10 and the few programs that dont support it, are not even made by an official company or are simply too old to still be around. It works great on all the web browsers, adobe and sony creation software and almost all PC games that can change resolutions. 

Just now, Tocsin_786 said:

I don't understand the entire argument for windows DPI scaling. It works great on windows 10 and the few programs that dont support it, are not even made by an official company or are simply too old to still be around. It works great on all the web browsers, adobe and sony creation software and almost all PC games that can change resolutions. 

A. Playing games at a resolution that isn't the native resolution of the panel is, IMO, a waste of money

B. You and I may not understand the argument about Windows DPI scaling, simply because you probably have a 4k panel and have no issue, and I have no experience at all with 4k...but the issue still exist because there are still people recommending 40in 4k panel because the DPI at that resolution and size is similar to a lower size&resolution. Nonetheless, I said some people may be discourage, but never personally stated it is an issue. It's just a thing I hear a decent amount. Although to be fair, the people with DPI scaling issue maybe the same people who doesn't want Windows 10..