I have the potential to make some money working on web design!

Problem is, I have never done it :P

Here is the conversation with the owner of a local PC store, I am friends with him.

Me:

Figured I would offer my criticism. 

1. Comic sans. Really?

2. On the services page, the "Laptops" and "Desktops" columns have several broken entries. Some of them do not show anything when you click them.

3. The Deal of the Week section does not show the entire image of the laptop and price, it cuts it off on the first digit

4. The Google+ page 404s.

5. Store photos are a little outdated, and the storefront image should be on some sort of homepage with a summary of everything you guys do and links to each page of the website

I was visiting your site to see if you had an image of the "El Pretendo" and then I saw the comic sans. I had to send an email...

His response:

Do you want to work on our website?

I'm not happy with it, I just don't have the time to change it and I am afraid that if I do we will lose the SEO ranking that we have with Google. 

It's a Joomla site. If you know how to work Joomla I would be happy to pay you to edit the site or create a whole new site. 

So now I have the opportunity to work on redesigning a site for them. No idea as to what the pay would be, but money is money! And I need money right now.

Here is the current site, I am sure we are not the only ones who think it needs improvement...

What do you guys think? How hard is site design, or at least improving the existing one?

By the way, inb4 pissed off keemo :) 

12 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Here is the conversation with the owner of a local PC store, I am friends with him.

Me:

His response:

So now I have the opportunity to work on redesigning a site for them. No idea as to what the pay would be, but money is money! And I need money right now.

Here is the current site, I am sure we are not the only ones who think it needs improvement...

What do you guys think? How hard is site design, or at least improving the existing one?

this site...

it hurts my soul...

please do something

anything!

take the job. please.

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

18 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I am noticing a trend with everyone's opinion of the current site.

remember this?

2;50

maybe its actually a chinese website disguised, and thats their logo....

null

14 hours ago, Josephdalepi said:

by the way, best part about this site?

its slightly wider than 1920 pixels, so on a full 1080p screen, theres a scroll bar on the bottom

Actually, it seems to change size. It still is only slightly larger than the monitor at school, which is a 1600x900 panel.

null

14 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Actually, it seems to change size. It still is only slightly larger than the monitor at school, which is a 1600x900 panel.

that is...

so dumb...

not only how

but why would you do something like that?

Wtf's wrong with their service page. Most of the buttons don't work, closes another one (I would guess a conflicting id), don't have anything inside and just looks weird being almost identical under different categories. This is something like a web development teacher would use as an example of a bad website. 

On March 16, 2016 at 11:46 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Me:

His response:

Easy if your dedicated and know what's going on. As long as you know html you can make really simple websites, as soon as you start expanding into php and mysql you can start doing it instead of a hobby as a job.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.