Cooler for i5 6600K

Hi, 

This will be my first pc and I need help picking a cpu cooler. What I am looking for is a)looks b)performance c)noise. Price it not my biggest concern sine I am not planning to upgrade this pc for some time, I want to something good to start with and don't worry in the future. PC will be mostly used for gaming and photoshop.

My case will be NZXT s340 and I am going for a black and white build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Rntn3C (ram will be white). s340's only frittered intakes are at front and supports up to 240mm rads. This will make my cpu cooler but my gpu hotter I believe. Or I can get a 140mm exhaust on the top. Which one would you recommend?

I read a ton about 240mm coolers but all has a weak spot. Please give me some ideas. Here are my thoughts: (are they valid?)

Kraken x61: Amazing performance/noise but horrible CAM software, which might cause terrible problems

Corsair h110i: Good performance, but noisy

DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240 white: OK performance, amazing looks but not much reviews online

Cooler master neptue: OK performance but very silent

Or am I better with a white air cooler (like Phanteks PH-TC12DX) in order to have lower noise(?), cooler intake and safe from leakage? 

any help is greatly appreciated

Corsair H100i GTX is one of the top water coolers out there, you can just switch the fans out if they are too noisy.  But you get what you pay for. About $110 I think.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

H110 GTX! It's brill, but I've never tried it out on stock fans, Noctuas FTW 

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Corsair H100i GTX is one of the top water coolers out there, you can just switch the fans out if they are too noisy.  But you get what you pay for. About $110 I think.

So you think having using it as intake is worth higher gpu temps?

A front mounted AIO isn't going to put any more hot air into your system than any air cooler would. 

No cooler is maintenance free, because you need to clean them regardless of what type you get, but if it's something you want to install and not worry about I would stick with one of the better air coolers...  Something along the quality of the nh-d14.  You aren't really losing any cooling performance with one either, because something like that typically keeps up with most 240 aio's.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

2 minutes ago, KettyKoala said:

H110 GTX! It's brill, but I've never tried it out on stock fans, Noctuas FTW 

I hear about Noctua all the time but they are not an option for me (brown fans). Any other recommendation?

2 minutes ago, tTIKA said:

So you think having using it as intake is worth higher gpu temps?

Oh, I was only commenting on water cooling cos you were considering only water cooling from your list.  A decent air cooler is much cheaper and performs equally as well as mid-range water coolers and frees up more fan space.  Chuck an intake at the front and have the back exhaust.  Leave the top empty.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 minute ago, tTIKA said:

I hear about Noctua all the time but they are not an option for me (brown fans). Any other recommendation?

I'm not keen on the design either, but I just use 2 fans in pull position on the top of the rad, and my case doesn't support push pull at the top so it doesn't matter for me

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

7 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

A front mounted AIO isn't going to put any more hot air into your system than any air cooler would. 

No cooler is maintenance free, because you need to clean them regardless of what type you get, but if it's something you want to install and not worry about I would stick with one of the better air coolers...  Something along the quality of the nh-d14.  You aren't really losing any cooling performance with one either, because something like that typically keeps up with most 240 aio's.

Only thing is it just looks ridiculous in my opinion

21 minutes ago, tTIKA said:

a)looks b)performance c)noise

dark rock pro 3

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

dark rock pro 3

would have both it if it was white :(

1 minute ago, tTIKA said:

would have both it if it was white :(

spray paint the top aluminum, its there for the looks anyway xD 

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

As for what performance the H110 gives, Im running my 6600k at 4.9Ghz at 1.35v at around 65C at full load with two fans that are silent at all times