Intel core i7 6700 or i5 4690k?

I can get an i7 6700 for a lower price then the i5 4690k ,but which one is the better one for me if I am a big wow player?

6700 for LOWER than the 4690k??
Just. Do it.

I used to be quite active here.

5 minutes ago, ChrisLombart said:

I can get an i7 6700 for a lower price then the i5 4690k ,but which one is the better one for me if I am a big wow player?

6700 hands down, unless you want to overclock

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

But the i5 would clock better ? What makes the i7 so much better and since its skylake don't I need to use ddr4 ram?

OK if money wasn't a problem which of the two would give me more frames?

3 minutes ago, ChrisLombart said:

But the i5 would clock better ? What makes the i7 so much better and since its skylake don't I need to use ddr4 ram?

Yes, the i5 will overclock better and yes, the Skylake chip will need DDR4 RAM. 

As for which one is better it depends on your workload. If you need the highest single thread performance possible, get the i5 and overclock the crap out of it. If you need to do more multi-threaded workloads, get the i7. 

15 minutes ago, ChrisLombart said:

OK if money wasn't a problem which of the two would give me more frames?

Also, some of the asrock boards will let you overclock a 6700 via bclock, so watch out for those. The 6700 and 4690k OC'ed will get near the same framerate depending on how good your GPU is. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Agreed, you will have benefits to either but it depends on your main focus of use. As afyeung said some asrock boards will still allow for baseclock overclocking on the skylake parts so you may get a benefit there especially if you already have some DDR4. If you have to buy new RAM and a new mobo anyway I'd still probably get the 6700 personally since it does have a decently higher % of IPC  (~10%) and if you can overclock it well enough you'll have a beastly little system depending on which GPU you pair it with.

It should also run a bit cooler and does have some other minor architectural changes that might benefit you but I can't remember what they are lol. Google is your friend ;)

The i7 will hand it to the 4690k in most areas but most notably in rendering performance and other very heavy CPU tasks. You can do some trickery to overclock the non K skew chip but there are some other issues involved with that and not really worth it IMO.

The 4690k is a popular gaming CPU for the reason that it delivers a comparable level of performance to the 4790k (in games) but at a much lower price.

The thing to remember is that if you are gaming, both CPUs can push well over 60 FPS with a decent graphics card so it really wouldn't matter what one you chose, the only difference would be the cost, ease of overclocking and bragging rights (I guess...).

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit