Durability tests: Samsung phones survive water, not falls

piemadd
4 hours ago, beebskadoo said:

Here's a tip, don't buy a lifeproof case or an otterbox, just be more careful with your phone

I have never broken a phone before, never shattered a screen or dropped one for that matter. I just don't understand how people can drop their phone.

"just be more careful" isnt really a thing, you could be careful 99% of the time, but all it takes is one accident, maybe you trip over the carpet, or a shoe lace and bam phone broken

I dont use a case, my phone is naked, I drop it all the time tbh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 hours ago, beebskadoo said:

Here's a tip, don't buy a lifeproof case or an otterbox, just be more careful with your phone

I have never broken a phone before, never shattered a screen or dropped one for that matter. I just don't understand how people can drop their phone.

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

"just be more careful" isnt really a thing, you could be careful 99% of the time, but all it takes is one accident, maybe you trip over the carpet, or a shoe lace and bam phone broken

Oh yeah, I NEVER drop my phone. Except that one time, it smashed into the tiles in the bathroom and broke the screen.

I still refuse to put a case on, but accidents happen.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

8 minutes ago, SirRoderick said:

Oh yeah, I NEVER drop my phone. Except that one time, it smashed into the tiles in the bathroom and broke the screen.

I still refuse to put a case on, but accidents happen.

Exactly, you either live with the consequences, or take preventative measures, or insure it

I wish phones were indestructible, but its just not going to happen, especially when people want them to look and feel nice and be all slim and beautiful 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I understand accidents happen, I'm not faulting anyone for that but I seriously know some people that get a replacement phone every other month because they are simply careless.

With the line of work that I do I suppose I am a little biased in what I see considering I always see broken phones for the dumbest of reasons. 

Also people are amazed that I don't use a case with my phone, I find them more bulky and I can't get as good of a grip on my phones with one on. My current phone (Nexus 6) is a 6 inch monster of a phone and I have never dropped it in over a year of owning it :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

1 minute ago, beebskadoo said:

I understand accidents happen, I'm not faulting anyone for that but I seriously know some people that get a replacement phone every other month because they are simply careless.

idiots will always exist

20 hours ago, -iSynthesis said:

I don't understand how people crack their screens anyways. I know people who broke like 5 screens already. Since my ipod touch i have not gotten any damage on my screens, and even that one is miniature, below the power button theres about 1mm² broken out

I'm only talking about the people I know now so it might not be accurate data, but usually those who don't look after their stuff (like "ow, a t-shirt, throw it on that pile of garbage") tend to ALWAYS have their phones ruined.

I have dropped my M8 a few times and scratched it's back and corners, but I always try to take great care of my phones (for example I have a case on my iPhone 6S+ just so I don't ruin that back - looks prone to scratches). One of my friends managed to break his iPhone display 3 times in one year and now somehow managed to break it again and the front facing camera looks like shit. 

When people tell you "Duuuuude, you NEED a screen protector and a case. You'll wreck your phone." you basically know they treat their phones like shit.

The only exception I guess would be older people who tend to drop shit all the time. 

"Spends extra money on flagship, thin and sexy phone, proceeds to slap thick ugly case on it."

Like @huilun02 I just buy a good tempered glass screen protector. I never understood the reasoning behind buying an expensive, light, thin well engineered phone just to throw on a heavy, thick case that ruins the entire aesthetic.

Also, recent torture tests show that while Galaxy S7 is technically waterproof, it still damages the phone permanently.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s7-not-quite-waterproof-torture-tests-reveal/

The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge stand up to water better than the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, but not without sustaining permanent damage, according to the latest torture tests published Monday gadget-warranty outfit SquareTrade.

In the tests, which you can watch for yourself below, all four superphones are submerged in 5 feet (1.5 m) of water for 30 minutes. Both new Galaxy phones still functioned just fine once dried off, but with audio permanently muffled and distorted.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

3 hours ago, No Nrg said:

"Spends extra money on flagship, thin and sexy phone, proceeds to slap thick ugly case on it."

Like @huilun02 I just buy a good tempered glass screen protector. I never understood the reasoning behind buying an expensive, light, thin well engineered phone just to throw on a heavy, thick case that ruins the entire aesthetic.

Also, recent torture tests show that while Galaxy S7 is technically waterproof, it still damages the phone permanently.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s7-not-quite-waterproof-torture-tests-reveal/

cause those expensive, light, thin well engineered phone are the only ones with top specs. Frankly i couldn't care less about the looks, all i want is the top end soc, sharpest display, and the highest amount of ram. Things that i would never find on a bulky, gravity proof, shatter proof and water proof device

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>