Hi Guys, first post, I'm looking to get a new case, and all of you guys have been so helpful with any of my queries just there was no post that completely answered my question.

I'm going to get the v51 from Thermaltake and I'm wondering whether I should go for the coolermaster megaflow 200mm fans or the be quiet pure wings 140mm fans. Both are very well priced where I live and I'm just going for air flow through my case and something nice and quiet, not water cooling at all. Typically the 200mm fans would be more quiet, and therefore the better choice for me, however on the be quiet! website it gives a lower noise rating in dB. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these and could give me any kind of insight into the better option for me?

Many thanks

Chris

If you can, get the 200mm equivalent of the Be Quiet! Pure Wings fans. 200mm fans can move more air than 140mm fans while still spinning at lower RPM speeds, which creates less noise. If you get Be Quiet! or Noctua 200mm fans, you get the best of both worlds.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Official fan noise ratings are basically useless. They don't use the same testing protocol, and there's nobody checking whether their numbers are accurate.

I don't have the 140mm pure wings fan, but I can tell you the 200mm megaflow is very, very quiet. The version sold on its own anyway, they have a higher-RPM version in some of their cases, and that can get loud.

On 3/14/2016 at 9:57 AM, Aereldor said:

If you can, get the 200mm equivalent of the Be Quiet! Pure Wings fans. 200mm fans can move more air than 140mm fans while still spinning at lower RPM speeds, which creates less noise. If you get Be Quiet! or Noctua 200mm fans, you get the best of both worlds.

There aren't any 200mm BeQuiet fans. The selection for 200mm fans is much smaller and there are few good ones let alone great. 

On 3/14/2016 at 3:26 PM, nster said:

Consider all your options, there are a bunch of quality 140mm fans, but if I could go for 200mm, I personally would.One that I like, not just for the quietness but for the sound profile is the PH-F200SP

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1457-page5.html

Ditto on the Phanteks fan. If that's not doable, it may be better going with a good 140mm due to more options available. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.