Did Corsair forget to make non-led SP 140 fans?

TheRomanSenate
Go to solution Solved by TheRomanSenate,
25 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

The bequiet dark rock 3 should be out very soon

I'm really just looking for an alternative to the corsair 140 sp led at the moment, I appreciate the update on the dark rock 3.

I think surprisingly the Noctua redux might be the best route for me. I'll look into trying to get rubber grommets to try and dampen any vibrations. 

you shouldnt get corsair fans anyway, so its not a problem

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you shouldnt get corsair fans anyway, so its not a problem

which fans would you suggest then?

2 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

depends how much you want to spend, what looks you want, and there you are putting them

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Noctua if you want the best of the best. I've used Cougar fans before, they were decent. I've heard good things about Gentle Typhoons.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Just now, Enderman said:

depends how much you want to spend, what looks you want, and there you are putting them

Well referencing the above question again. I guess less than Corsair 140mm sp led fans...?

Just now, EarthboundHero said:

Noctua if you want the best of the best. I've used Cougar fans before, they were decent. I've heard good things about Gentle Typhoons.

They're ugly, they've always been ugly and I'm not going to pay out the A$$ for a 2000rpm black version when I'll never allow my computer to raise past 1000rpm.

Just now, TheRomanSenate said:

They're ugly, they've always been ugly and I'm not going to pay out the A$$ for a 2000rpm black version when I'll never allow my computer to raise past 1000rpm.

K. I gave other suggestions.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Also this.

dfsa.PNG

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

I've used Cougar fans before, they were decent. I've heard good things about Gentle Typhoons.

Looking into the other two.

Just now, EarthboundHero said:

Also this.

dfsa.PNG

I was unaware of the redux until just now. That might be more my style, although do they lose the noise dampening of the typical noctua? I noticed it's missing the rubberized corners.

6 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Well referencing the above question again. I guess less than Corsair 140mm sp led fans...?

yeah but where are you going to be installing the fan and what colour fan do you want

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah but where are you going to be installing the fan and what colour fan do you want

honestly I just don't want an led or shit brown and tan.

31 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

although, I still am looking for that low rpm range as well.

Just now, TheRomanSenate said:

noiseblocker eloops are expensive but great

they are white

bequiet silent wings are great and black

fractal design has some cheaper ones that are black or white which are also pretty quiet

Spoiler

I was unaware of the redux until just now. That might be more my style, although do they lose the noise dampening of the typical noctua? I noticed it's missing the rubberized corners.

They do, but it's still going to be more quiet than most everything else. They might come with the isolater pins still, but I'm not 100% on that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

noiseblocker eloops are expensive but great

they are white

bequiet silent wings are great and black

fractal design has some cheaper ones that are black or white which are also pretty quiet

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Quiet-1000RPM-60-4CFM-16-4DBA/dp/B00AKO0GRI/ref=pd_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=417y21f-ZFL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=08E83H17Z01FM45QH7H1

I'd get it but that price tag... :(

Spoiler

Fractal design seems to be pretty good. Although I'm a bit worried about how low the rpm's can go with the 

Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm Cooling Fan

The bequiet silent wings 3 should be out very soon

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

25 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

The bequiet dark rock 3 should be out very soon

I'm really just looking for an alternative to the corsair 140 sp led at the moment, I appreciate the update on the dark rock 3.

I think surprisingly the Noctua redux might be the best route for me. I'll look into trying to get rubber grommets to try and dampen any vibrations. 

14 minutes ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Meant silent wings

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.