Powerline Adapter 2mbps download 1k ping in games

Stevoisboss

I have this power-line adapter from tp link (Url) which worked fairly well for the first month and then quit on me(No I didn't plug it in the power strip); kind of like the one I sent back under warranty that did the same thing. I would totally just use an Ethernet cable if my router wasn't about 40 feet away from my computer. I was purposely using this to avoid the network interference I was getting from my WiFi. So I'm looking for another option because I don't know if its just the brand or if its my House power breaking it. I just want to know if its the brand or if I should get a network card and hopefully switch to a good WiFi channel or if I should do something totally different. Please give me suggestions and recommendations. Thanks.

PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3yG93C 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

40 ft is not that far at all, you can easily run a cable

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

40 ft is not that far at all, you can easily run a cable

Not really the cable length problem just the fact that it will look horrible going through the kitchen, dining room, hallway, to my room and if I don't want to make it horrible looking it will be a complete pain in the ass.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

44 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

Not really the cable length problem just the fact that it will look horrible going through the kitchen, dining room, hallway, to my room and if I don't want to make it horrible looking it will be a complete pain in the ass.

it doesnt have to look horrible if you put even a bit of effort into it...

like this

620811fd557639b4d242ff26c58340d0.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020