Is this CPU cooler installed right?

You should've moved it 90°...

but ye, coolermaster coolers are all slightly angled. They are not really fix into position.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, FloRolf said:

You should've moved it 90°...

but ye, coolermaster coolers are all slightly angled.

I couldn't do that with an amd socket. Wanted to though. So you think I've installed it correctly?

If this was me, I'd rotate the cooler round the other way so that the air gets pushed through the heat-sink then out through the rear exhaust fan and then out of the case, not sure how much difference this would make but this is just an OCD that I have.

IT Student | Gamer | PC Enthusiast | Life Liver

actually that cooler can be installed in that orientation as well, it just looks wierd

Just now, Enviousx said:

If this was me, I'd rotate the cooler round the other way so that the air gets pushed through the heat-sink then out through the rear exhaust fan and then out of the case, not sure how much difference this would make but this is just an OCD that I have.

Unfortunately I can't do what with an amd socket.

The view is not very helpful since we cannot see the mounting hardware, or how flat the cooler is sitting on the CPU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Lemonpearl said:

I couldn't do that with an amd socket. Wanted to though. So you think I've installed it correctly?

You are right, should've read the motherboard number...

It's alright then. AMD kinda sucks at that for some reason. Just check your temps :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, Lemonpearl said:

Unfortunately I can't do what with an amd socket.

Oh, if you can't, don't worry about it, it'll work just fine as long as it has been installed correctly.

From what I can see, it looks to be installed correctly in your system, I take it this thread was created because you fear that the system will not boot or you have tried to start the computer and it hasn't booted?

1 minute ago, Enviousx said:

you're a fake OCD, a real ocd would prefer the text be upright, fk the airflow D<

5 minutes ago, Lemonpearl said:

It looks wonky/off at an angle, does it not?

as long as load temps are fine, to hell with adjusting it properly :D

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Enviousx said:

Oh, if you can't, don't worry about it, it'll work just fine as long as it has been installed correctly.

From what I can see, it looks to be installed correctly in your system, I take it this thread was created because you fear that the system will not boot or you have tried to start the computer and it hasn't booted?

I haven't finished the build that picture is as far as I got with it. I'm new to building and probably overcautious with stuff like this.

If that's the only direction your cooler can be turned in on that socket, then yeah, you're good. Does your case have an open top above the exhaust end of the cooler, or is it blowing into a solid panel?

If you know what your usual idle and load temps are, I'd just run it for a little while and see where your temps end up. If it's running at normal idle, load and stress test temps, you're fine.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

One other I thing I think I lifted the cooler up a little. Does that matter because heard I've that causes air bubbles?

Just now, aisle9 said:

If that's the only direction your cooler can be turned in on that socket, then yeah, you're good. Does your case have an open top above the exhaust end of the cooler, or is it blowing into a solid panel?

If you know what your usual idle and load temps are, I'd just run it for a little while and see where your temps end up. If it's running at normal idle, load and stress test temps, you're fine.

The case has an open top where additional 120mm fans can be installed.

Just now, Lemonpearl said:

I haven't finished the build that picture is as far as I got with it. I'm new to building and probably overcautious with stuff like this.

Right. Well if you could provide another screenshot of the hardware you've used to mount it, I'm sure people here would be more than happy to assist, myself included.

I'd rather be over cautious when building a system for the first time than break everything the first time I attempt it! :)

Here's another picture where the cooler fits to the die. Sorry, that's pretty much the best angle I could get.

12837529_222589621424996_245824789_o.jpg

I lifted up the lever and loosened the heat sink so I could line it up straight. Can I leave the labels on it and tuck them under the heat sink?