H100i replace cooler or change fans?

Go to solution Solved by BurstSMG,

You can buy a couple good 120mm fans such as the SP120 and replace the ones that are already on there easily. :) I really wouldn't reccomend downgrading from an H100i, unless you get this: http://noctua.at/en/nh-d15.html

Hey guys I need some help deciding on what to do next with my h100i. The fans have gotten very loud, as expected after 2 years of heavy use. What I would like help with is deciding do I replace the fans and hope the cooler lasts longer, or do I replace the cooler and even possibly downgrade to air cooling? Given I only have a AMD FX 8300 running at 4.2 GHz the h100i is more for show and I could just use an air cooler. Any advice is welcome, I am stuck trying to make this decision. 

Andrew "FirstM8" Wanamaker

Missouri University of Science and Technology

Freshman Engineering - Computer Engineering

Missouri S&T IT Help Desk

I mean you could just go with the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo but you can also change your fans to something like the AF120s or Noctua w/e. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

You can buy a couple good 120mm fans such as the SP120 and replace the ones that are already on there easily. :) I really wouldn't reccomend downgrading from an H100i, unless you get this: http://noctua.at/en/nh-d15.html

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

1 minute ago, Vercii said:

I mean you could just go with the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo but you can also change your fans to something like the AF120s or Noctua w/e. 

SP120 is better for radiators :)

Spoiler

Ya but the cooler is 2 years old now so I could be better off replacing it with the newer version. It would suck to buy new fans for a cooler that could give out soon.

5 minutes ago, Vercii said:

The 212 Evo is great as long as you don't overclock to 4.7GHz on haswell xD

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

21 minutes ago, FirstM8 said:

Ya but the cooler is 2 years old now so I could be better off replacing it with the newer version. It would suck to buy new fans for a cooler that could give out soon.

The H100i is still amazing for the price. If you don't want it, send it to me. :P

Spoiler

I think I will just be getting some SP120s and if the cooler gives out in the near future I can just throw them on the new one. Thanks for the help guys. :D

1 minute ago, FirstM8 said:

I think I will just be getting some SP120s and if the cooler gives out in the near future I can just throw them on the new one. Thanks for the help guys. :D

No problem!

Spoiler