Linux Mint automount issues

So on my family PC, I have Linux Mint installed. I've already convinced 3 of my family members to start actively using Linux as their primary OS, but we've ran into some issues.

My family PC has 3 SATA drives. The SSD one holds several partitions, including the root partition and is usually not the problem. Then there's two HDDs, none of them is partitioned, they are both formatted as NTFS. Linux Mint doesn't automatically mount HDDs, which is pretty f**king annoying, so I went into system settings application (you know, the control panel like application) and set both removable drives on all users to "automount on login". What this does is that it mounts the drive into /media/user1/drive2. And it all works fine, but when you login as another user, the drive won't automatically mount to /media/user2/drive2, you won't even be able to access /media/user1/drive2.

I personally believe these mounting paths are kinda silly and I really wish there was an alternative where I could mount the drive into a (possibly static, always the same) folder that everyone was able to access, because that's really the point of those drives. I know it's kinda funny what kind of issues I'm having but it's annoying and it's turning my family off of Linux.

Thank you in addition for any help.

Google is your best friend

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+auto+mount+drive+on+boot+linux+mint

This has a video tutorial: first link on google.

https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1197

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

I personally wouldn't use the automatic mount option if the drives are always plugged in.

I usually go with adding the drives to fstab and creating manual mount points, such as /drive1 and /drive2 (change the names accordingly) and you're good to go ;)

18 hours ago, laufersteppenwolf said:

I personally wouldn't use the automatic mount option if the drives are always plugged in.

I usually go with adding the drives to fstab and creating manual mount points, such as /drive1 and /drive2 (change the names accordingly) and you're good to go ;)

Mount points such as /drive1 and /drive2 in root directory? Count me in. May I ask how would you do that?

7 hours ago, IreMinMon said:

Mount points such as /drive1 and /drive2 in root directory? Count me in. May I ask how would you do that?

simply open a root shell (sudo would also do just fine) and create the mount points with mkdir, then add the partitions into your fstab

example:

mkdir /drive1
mkdir /drive2
nano /etc/fstab

and then add something like this according to your drives

# /dev/sdb1
UUID=03b77228-ed4c-4218-910e-11b9f77c4b46  /drive1           vfat         rw,auto,user,umask=0000              0       0
# /dev/sdc1
UUID=8883dbc8-80f8-49b8-8c5f-13a32baefe98  /drive2           vfat         rw,auto,user,umask=0000              0       0

reboot and you're done