HD598 or Custom One Pro

Meme Cop

I'm currently looking at these two and cannot make up my mind- anyone have any thoughts/recommendations?

I mostly play games and occasionally listen to music/watch films on my PC so I'm not doing anything to strenuous with them (looking at a sub $200 price point).

I need a mic however (I've heard that the Custom One Pro Plus comes with an inline mic which should suffice)

Regards

I would go for sennheiser if its to do with movies or music and even gaming, the sound is just so perfect! but if you want perfect bass the HD598's wont really give you that lol. Go for the one pro's for the bass. Apart from that its really personal reference if you want a premium feeling HD598 or a gaming feeling One pro's.

Hope this helps :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

6 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

I would go for sennheiser if its to do with movies or music and even gaming, the sound is just so perfect! but if you want perfect bass the HD598's wont really give you that lol. Go for the one pro's for the bass. Apart from that its really personal reference if you want a premium feeling HD598 or a gaming feeling One pro's.

Hope this helps :P

thanks very much :D

Just now, Meme Cop said:

thanks very much :D

No problem :D

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Both have different sound signatures. Research what sound you think you'll like best and go with that. I had both the HD595 and Beyerdynamic DT770 80 and kept the 770's because I liked the sound better. And for me they where more comfortable. I've never listened to the Custom One Pro but after listening to the 595's I wouldnt go with the 598's (from what I read the 595 and 598 are very similar). They lack punch with the bass and sounded dull compared to the 770's. I dont know how much the 770's and Custom One Pro are alike but I would give them a try over the 598's

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

10 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Apart from that its really personal reference if you want a premium feeling HD598 or a gaming feeling One pro's.

This is a load of bs. Both have a "premium" feel or a "gaming" feel depending on what "gaming" headset you are comparing them to. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Just now, weez said:

This is a load of bs. Both have a "premium" feel or a "gaming" feel depending on what "gaming" headset you are comparing them to. 

Personally i have the HD598s and they feel more premium than any other headset i have worn, they don't make me feel like i have something heavy and brittle on my head. i had a pair of tritons for 2 years and they never felt "premium" but yea it was just my opinion lol

3 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Personally i have the HD598s and they feel more premium than any other headset i have worn, they don't make me feel like i have something heavy and brittle on my head. i had a pair of tritons for 2 years and they never felt "premium" but yea it was just my opinion lol

Compared to the Tritton both the Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic would be "premium"

Just now, weez said:

Compared to the Tritton both the Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic would be "premium"

Lol true xD, but i think most people would prefer the HD598s from the One pros if they wore both of them.

The HD 598 is really a waste of money since the HD 558 sounds so close to the 598 and you can tweak the 558 to sound 100% like a 598.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, ProKeero said:

Lol true xD, but i think most people would prefer the HD598s from the One pros if they wore both of them.

Why? Have you tried the Custom One Pro's or any Beyerdynamic headphone? I have the 770's (same build as COP) and I have a pair of Velour and Leather ear cups. I have used the 595's (same build as 598's). I much prefer the 770's just for comfort over the 595's I had. You need to remember that everyone has different sized ears and heads. Just because you like how a headphone feels doesnt mean everyone else will. In my opinion the 595's, 598's and other similar Sennheiser headphone are not comfortable to wear for long listening session. I could only wear the 595's for about an hour before I had to take them off. The 770's I can wear all day no problems. But Im not going to say the the 770's or Custom One Pro's have better comfort for most people or that most people would prefer them over the Sennheiser's. I'll only say that I like them more. I will not speak for others about comfort

Both headphones are worth trying but if the op cant try both at the same time then he/she needs to research sound signatures because both headphones sound different. 

Just now, weez said:

Why? Have you tried the Custom One Pro's or any Beyerdynamic headphone? I have the 770's (same build as COP) and I have a pair of Velour and Leather ear cups. I have used the 595's (same build as 598's). I much prefer the 770's just for comfort over the 595's I had. You need to remember that everyone has different sized ears and heads. Just because you like how a headphone feels doesnt mean everyone else will. In my opinion the 595's, 598's and other similar Sennheiser headphone are not comfortable to wear for long listening session. I could only wear the 595's for about an hour before I had to take them off. The 770's I can wear all day no problems. But Im not going to say the the 770's or Custom One Pro's have better comfort for most people or that most people would prefer them over the Sennheiser's. I'll only say that I like them more. I will not speak for others about comfort

Both headphones are worth trying but if the op cant try both at the same time then he/she needs to research sound signatures because both headphones sound different. 

"Personally i have the HD598s and they feel more premium than any other headset i have worn" I'm not going to be a douche but i did say that i personally prefer them but maybe you are right about the One pros and that i haven't worm them but i was just trying to give advice because i already own the Hd598's

1 minute ago, ProKeero said:

"Personally i have the HD598s and they feel more premium than any other headset i have worn" I'm not going to be a douche but i did say that i personally prefer them but maybe you are right about the One pros and that i haven't worm them but i was just trying to give advice because i already own the Hd598's

Giving advice is fine but the way you did it made it sound like the COP's had a poor build quality over the 598's and that the 598's are more comfortable. I know the build quality wasnt what you meant but making the "premium" and "gaming" comment can be interpreted that way by someone that doesnt know any better. And comfort is opinion. Which you made it sound like most people prefer the comfort of the 598's over the COP's.

Just now, weez said:

Giving advice is fine but the way you did it made it sound like the COP's had a poor build quality over the 598's and that the 598's are more comfortable. I know the build quality wasnt what you meant but making the "premium" and "gaming" comment can be interpreted that way by someone that doesnt know any better. And comfort is opinion. Which you made it sound like most people prefer the comfort of the 598's over the COP's.

Lol i didnt mean it to come out that way, the HD598's feel very premium and are very good for mobies and just listening to music and i meant to say the One pro's have better bass and are good for gaming. In fact better than the HD598's i think.

@weez

Gooood...I can feel your anger. It makes you strong; gives you purpose.

Why would you even buy the HD 598 when the HD 558 sounds so close to the HD 598 and can easily be EQ'd with with so it sounds 100% like the HD 598 can someone please tell me this.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Why would you even buy the HD 598 when the HD 558 sounds so close to the HD 598 and can easily be EQ'd with with so it sounds 100% like the HD 598 can someone please tell me this.

Hmm i guess HD 558 sound only 99% the same. Maybe ;) 

558's are a litte bit "warmer". The 598 is a little bit more "clear". Well most of us cant hear the difference, but some poeple say they can, well maybe its psychological. I dont know ;DD

11 hours ago, Meme Cop said:

I'm currently looking at these two and cannot make up my mind- anyone have any thoughts/recommendations?

I mostly play games and occasionally listen to music/watch films on my PC so I'm not doing anything to strenuous with them (looking at a sub $200 price point).

I need a mic however (I've heard that the Custom One Pro Plus comes with an inline mic which should suffice)

Regards

Ive gone with modded HD 558's with V-Moda BoomPro. The mic is good enough for TeamSpeak, Skype and things that come with inbuild noise Supression, i maybe wouldnt use it for high quality twitch streaming/podcasting. But i also wouldnt use any other mic below condenser mic quality for this anyway. 

Looks like this:

IMG_20160303_161351719.jpg

But i also dont know how the Custom One Pro sounds, Only thing you can do is to try out both ;P

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

4 hours ago, SSL said:

@weez

Gooood...I can feel your anger. It makes you strong; gives you purpose.

Not angry, just out of sugar for that delicious coating :)

14 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Hmm i guess HD 558 sound only 99% the same. Maybe ;) 

558's are a litte bit "warmer". The 598 is a little bit more "clear". Well most of us cant hear the difference, but some poeple say they can, well maybe its psychological. I dont know ;DD

Just use a EQ done 100% same sound.