$1500 Gaming Build

Hello everybody! I've been looking in to this build tonight and I just have some questions, will I be able to overclock, is this a stable system with no bottlenecks and do I need to add something (no ssd) or change for that matter?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4QxD6h

yes, it's a nice build

Add an OCZ trion 150 240gb ssd and you're good

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

OCZ trion 150 240gb

Won't I be better off with for example a HyperX Fury 120GB or a Intel 535 120GB since I will only have the OS and perhaps one or two games on it? Considering both the price and the OCZ's availability in my country.

whatever is the cheapest there

But I recommend going for a 240gb drive or larger

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, xiscAJESUS said:

Won't I be better off with for example a HyperX Fury 120GB or a Intel 535 120GB since I will only have the OS and perhaps one or two games on it? Considering both the price and the OCZ's availability in my country.

just get w/e is cheapest for the capacity you're looking for, except kingston v300 bcoz it stinks

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, xiscAJESUS said:

Hello everybody! I've been looking in to this build tonight and I just have some questions, will I be able to overclock, is this a stable system with no bottlenecks and do I need to add something (no ssd) or change for that matter?

1. where is ssd ??? look into a ocz or Samsung evo ssd please.

2. why a 980? you could get even greater performance if you got a 980 ti instead, unless you really have a 500 budget for a gpu, please go with it if you can (even super-clocked gpus cant deliver)

3. i5 is great and will easily be overclock-able, great, but go with a 6700k if you can for better overclocking, even some can go up to 5 freakin' gigahertz,

other than that great build, but i will remind you that do not take everyone answer for granted please.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

just get w/e is cheapest for the capacity you're looking for, except kingston v300 bcoz it stinks

ur right

850 evo is great if you ask me, bc it is going for 88 f**ing bucks on amazon.

13 minutes ago, xiscAJESUS said:

850 evo 250GB is 250 gb

the purpose of the ssd is to put most common apps on it such as

-os (obvious)

-Adobe stuff

-Drivers for hardware

-Most used apps (not anything that exceedss 60gb)

-MOST accessed games.

HDD for

-Archive

-Games

thats it.

11 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

1. where is ssd ??? look into a ocz or Samsung evo ssd please.

2. why a 980? you could get even greater performance if you got a 980 ti instead, unless you really have a 500 budget for a gpu, please go with it if you can (even super-clocked gpus cant deliver)

3. i5 is great and will easily be overclock-able, great, but go with a 6700k if you can for better overclocking, even some can go up to 5 freakin' gigahertz,

other than that great build, but i will remind you that do not take everyone answer for granted please.

Well, imagine you sit in my spot, you're going to sell your old PC for approx $600-700 and your birthday is in 10 days (19th) where you'll get approx $300-400 and then you have around $150 sitting on the bank. I do have a tight budget and I can't risk to increase it all that much, that's why i'm going with the 980 but if there's any way I can choose other components to be able to fit a 980 Ti in the build without surpassing $1500 plus an i7-6700K is just to much money aswell, same situation, if there's anyway to fit it, please don't hesitate to reply.

EDIT:

I'm going to be 14 years old

2 minutes ago, xiscAJESUS said:

Well, imagine you sit in my spot, you're going to sell your old PC for approx $600-700 and your birthday is in 10 days (19th) where you'll get approx $300-400 and then you have around $150 sitting on the bank. I do have a tight budget and I can't risk to increase it all that much, that's why i'm going with the 980 but if there's any way I can choose other components to be able to fit a 980 Ti in the build without surpassing $1500 plus an i7-6700K is just to much money aswell, same situation, if there's anyway to fit it, please don't hesitate to reply.

EDIT:

1st, congrats, 

and took in consideration your budget,

nice build i said, but AT THE LEAST HAVE A GODDAMN SSD

Like a said, right now the 850 evo is going for 88 dollars. wow. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U

3 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

1st, congrats, 

and took in consideration your budget,

nice build i said, but AT THE LEAST HAVE A GODDAMN SSD

Like a said, right now the 850 evo is going for 88 dollars. wow. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U

Risks with ordering international? Since i live in Sweden and i've never ordered anything that has to go through the border luls

As everyone already said : SSD ! 

about the cpu : i5 is more than fine for gaming, i7 is pointless.

About the gpu : what is your screen?? (definition, refresh rate etc...) because if you have something like a 1080p 60Hz it's pointless to buy a 980...

10 minutes ago, xiscAJESUS said:

EDIT:

also, what the actual f is the rest of your 400 dollars for, not for a better gpu and cpu,

but what peripherals, 

I whipped this up, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dz8WVn

Risks with ordering international? Since i live in Sweden and i've never ordered anything that has to go through the border luls

even if its international, i do it all the time and amazon, newegg , ncix are really great and if it doesn't ship you could return your money.

Just now, josephaltareb said:

also, what the actual f is the rest of your 400 dollars for, not for a better gpu and cpu,

but what peripherals, 

I whipped this up, http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

even if its international, i do it all the time and amazon, newegg , ncix are really great and if it doesn't ship you could return your money.

You fucked up the link bro

1 minute ago, DarkRuskov said:

As everyone already said : SSD ! 

about the cpu : i5 is more than fine for gaming, i7 is pointless.

About the gpu : what is your screen?? (definition, refresh rate etc...) because if you have something like a 1080p 60Hz it's pointless to buy a 980...

1920x1080 144Hz

7 minutes ago, xiscAJESUS said:

you should check your national retailers it will always be cheaper than international

Just now, xiscAJESUS said:

I already have peripherals n shit, ima sell my pc only to buy a new one

alright then

please get a fucking ssd please.

1 minute ago, DarkRuskov said:

you should check your national retailers it will always be cheaper than international

Well, every 980 Ti in the national retailers go for 7000kr more or less ($800) and on Amazon I can buy the exact same card for $649 (5400kr) so if shipping doesn't fuck everything over I think i'm good on Amazon right?

1 minute ago, josephaltareb said:

alright then

please get a fucking ssd please.

You ain't salty right?

Do I need a 980 Ti for 1920x1080 gaming though?

No, actually way overkill.

Either an R9 390 or R9 380X or if you really want an Nvidia GPU then the GTX 970 is fine.

Though I'd recommend going for an AMD card because its a better price/performance.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

No, actually way overkill.

Either an R9 390 or R9 380X or if you really want an Nvidia GPU then the GTX 970 is fine.

Though I'd recommend going for an AMD card because its a better price/performance.

Ugh, I guess so but I really want nVidia and a card that'll last me long to do max settings without having to upgrade in a while :/