[VB.NET] Getting the file version for an executable without the absolute path

Guys, I'm stuck.

I'm making a program that launches a website a few guys are programming in various browsers. You know. For testing quickly. I need to document the tests and having such a program seemed the most straight-forward way to get the timestamps and versions and whatnot. Here's how it looks to give you an idea:

Spoiler

Image3.png.95aa516e2288fd3f74cf7985cc9d2

The alias is just a hand-typed thing to tell computers apart in the reports. The OS I fetch with this:

TextBox2.Text = (My.Computer.Info.OSFullName & " " & My.Computer.Info.OSVersion).ToString

Those buttons just open the URL in corresponding browsers.

But I need the versions for the browsers too. The thing is, I can't really use GetFileVersionInfo like in here because I don't have the absolute path due to using this alone to fire up the browsers:

Process.Start("firefox.exe", "http://THE-URL-GOES-HERE") ' to open "http://THE-URL-GOES-HERE" in Firefox

So I'm stuck. I need help. Either I need a way to determine the absolute path or I'll have to figure out a way to find the file version without it. 

@Naeaes 

1. You can use the windows registry to fetch entries that expose the file paths.

2. Get the path of the currently running process.

10 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

@Naeaes You can use the windows registry to fetch entries that expose the file paths.

OMG, yees! I'm such a moron. They're all in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\

Thank you so much!