GPU Backplates

Not sure where this topic goes because it falls under GPU's and Water Cooling, but my question is if i bought a EKWB for something like a MSI R9 390 is there anything stopping me from just using the backplate that came with the card? That would save me money and I would assume it would work right?

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Usually you'll have to order different screws to do that, but yes in theory if the holes all line up, you can.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

1 minute ago, Lays said:

Usually you'll have to order different screws to do that, but yes in theory if the holes all line up, you can.

Ok

7 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

Not sure where this topic goes because it falls under GPU's and Water Cooling, but my question is if i bought a EKWB for something like a MSI R9 390 is there anything stopping me from just using the backplate that came with the card? That would save me money and I would assume it would work right?

As mentioned as long as the mounting holes are correct for the waterblock they usually will work but requires longer screws for it to go thorough the backplate, PCB and into the GPU block. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

As mentioned as long as the mounting holes are correct for the waterblock they usually will work but requires longer screws for it to go thorough the backplate, PCB and into the GPU block. 

What size fittings should I get?

19 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

What size fittings should I get?

As in watercooling fittings, those would depend on the type of tubing your going for either soft tube or hardline.

23 hours ago, W-L said:

As in watercooling fittings, those would depend on the type of tubing your going for either soft tube or hardline.

soft tube since this would be my first watercooling experience

1 hour ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

soft tube since this would be my first watercooling experience

For soft tube I would recommend using thick walled tubing as it's much harder to kink the tube with tight bends, the most common is the small diameter 3/8"ID 5/8"OD or large diameter 1/2"ID 3/4"OD. Similarly you would want corresponding compression fittings of the correct ID and OD for the tube of choice.

3 hours ago, W-L said:

For soft tube I would recommend using thick walled tubing as it's much harder to kink the tube with tight bends, the most common is the small diameter 3/8"ID 5/8"OD or large diameter 1/2"ID 3/4"OD. Similarly you would want corresponding compression fittings of the correct ID and OD for the tube of choice.

Ok