Received 2 items from amazon

HFKoKoOo

Hello before 1 month i purchased from amazon nzxt kraken x61 after 20 days of waiting i contacted with amazon live support and told him that i still waiting for my item. He asked me do i want replace or money refund and i said that i want the item. He done a replacement but after 2 days i received the first item that i have purchased, and today i received the replacement item. So i received 2x nzxt kraken x61. Whats do you thing guys do i need to contact amazon and told them than i receive 2x items or if i keep it will i be charged for the 2 items. Sorry for my bad english language

Doubt you'll be charged for both items. Rememebr, it was their fault that the item was late so just keep it in a box for a while and after a few months, sell it.

The moral thing to do is return it though.

you should not be a scumbag and return it

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

7 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

you should not be a scumbag and return it

Is Amazon going to miss that £50 though?

I say take it as a gift to the people for the tax it doesn't pay.

Keep it and see what happens. I doubt they're going to charge you over it.

My brother got several items shipped to him from amazon that he never even ordered and they've never contacted him over it.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Although this was Amazon's fault, you should return the extra item. They may not "miss" the $50, but they also, eventually, up the cost to consumers to make up for lost inventory. That's why shoplifting screws the consumer. The company makes up for losses somehow.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

38 minutes ago, Mug said:

Is Amazon going to miss that £50 though?

I say take it as a gift to the people for the tax it doesn't pay.

eh that's not the point.

amazon was nice enough to send a new item, they didn't have to by any means.  It's not like it's hard to arrange a courier pickup and have it sent back on amazons dime.  Who knows, they may not even want it back.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Honestly if it was me I would just keep it, but that might be because I'm an awful person and like free stuff. But the decision to return it or not is up to you. 

Their mistake. Keep it and put it on ebay.

Linus is my fetish.

Contact them. 

It's just like having someone return you something you lost. 

Mah rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 with its stock Wraith Spire RGB cooler

GPU: Gigabyte Mini ITX GTX 1070 OC Edition

MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-D3H motherboard

Storage:

• 1x 120GB Samsung SSD(Windows + some programs)
  • 1x 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda HDD(Windows storage)
  • 1x 160GB Samsung HDD(Archlinux)

Case: Orange Cougar Challenger

PSU: PCYes! Electro 600W

If you live in the USA you have no legal responsibility in this case

As long as you didn't have the original item when you told them then you can do whatever you want

To those saying he has no obligation to return the item under the law, that's true. But not the point.

Take the moral high ground and call them. If they ask for it back, make sure they cover full shipping (likely they will send you a shipping label). If they ask you to drop the item off at the post office, insist that they schedule a pickup instead.

But odds are they will just tell you to keep it. Once that happens, do whatever you want with it - sell it on eBay or in the classifieds subforum, give it away, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

And those who are saying to take the moral high ground seem to be ignoring that Amazon aren't a very moral company with how much tax evasion they carry out.

Linus is my fetish.

9 hours ago, Bhav said:

And those who are saying to take the moral high ground seem to be ignoring that Amazon aren't a very moral company with how much tax evasion they carry out.

And that makes it alright to compromise your own morals?

The morals of the other party should not matter, since you don't base your own personal ethics on other people. You base them on your own values.

Besides, there is a very strong chance that Amazon will in fact let him keep the extra part, since it's often not worth their time/cost to have it shipped back.

Furthermore, as others have already pointed out, when Amazon loses an item (Through theft, mistakes in shipping, etc), that WILL contribute to price increases over time. It's called Shrinkage, and it's a big deal in any retailer.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

15 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

If you live in the USA you have no legal responsibility in this case

As long as you didn't have the original item when you told them then you can do whatever you want

Not true. The only time this is true is when you receive an unsolicited item in your mail. A company can not send you something through the mail, that you did not ask for, and expect you to pay for it. If you receive an item without consent, then it is yours to keep. In this case the OP clearly ordered the part.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

3 minutes ago, Griffscavern said:

Not true. The only time this is true is when you receive an unsolicited item in your mail. A company can not send you something through the mail, that you did not ask for, and expect you to pay for it. If you receive an item without consent, then it is yours to keep. In this case the OP clearly ordered the part.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

That's a good point. He ordered the item, then when it didn't show up, Amazon sent him a new item (with the expectation that the original item would not arrive).

Honestly, I think Amazon deserves the courtesy of at least asking whether they want it back (Assuming that Amazon will pay for shipping and arrange a pickup).

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's a good point. He ordered the item, then when it didn't show up, Amazon sent him a new item (with the expectation that the original item would not arrive).

Honestly, I think Amazon deserves the courtesy of at least asking whether they want it back (Assuming that Amazon will pay for shipping and arrange a pickup).

It's still a moral issue too. If Amazon realises their mistake they could bill him for the second item, or demand it be returned, at their cost. The OP has no obligation to pay shipping for it. That's in Amazons ballpark. Chances are Amazon will never know their mistake, but I'd still contact them about it.

People who say they'd keep it are the reason prices get jacked up for the consumer. These companies cover their losses through us, the consumer.