PLEASE HELP

DirtyBert
Go to solution Solved by Lolucoca,

@DirtyBert I know why you have those lags. You only have 1GB Of RAM allocated to minecraft which it is using completely. To change that, you have to edit your launcher profile. Click "edit profile". 

Then, you have to change two parameters. -Xmx and -Xmn. -Xmx is the maximum amount of RAM minecraft is allowed to use and -Xmn is the minimum amount. 

If you have 4GB of RAM, I would not change something since 4GB is not very much. If you have 8GB, you can do this: -Xmx4G -Xmn1G. If you got 16GB of RAM, you can allocate 8GB by changing it to -Xmx8G -Xmn1G. As you see, I allocated 10GB maximum and 8GB minimum. Just change those two parameters. Do not add them manually. They are somewhere. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

hey guys

i have recently built a PC (in 2015) with a  GeForce GTX 960 and an intel i5 and my minecraft is sometimes not loading a world or getting really high frame rates like 500fps then droping down to 15fps and sometime crashing i have vsync turned off on my GPU and my minecraft and when i go on servers it just gets really low FPS (20 30) 

i know minecraft is a little kids game but i really need help becuase its the only game i have atm 

Thanks and if you need any more info just ask 

3 minutes ago, DirtyBert said:

hey guys

i have recently built a PC (in 2015) with a  GeForce GTX 960 and an intel i5 and my minecraft is sometimes not loading a world or getting really high frame rates like 500fps then droping down to 15fps and sometime crashing i have vsync turned off on my GPU and my minecraft and when i go on servers it just gets really low FPS (20 30) 

i know minecraft is a little kids game but i really need help becuase its the only game i have atm 

Thanks and if you need any more info just ask 

i know close to nothing about minecraft but my guess is you modded it?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

you should probably check your vram usage, perhaps you're going over the 2gb(or 4 gb) that your card have

How much RAM do you have allocated to Minecraft? 

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Just now, Lolucoca said:

How much RAM do you have allocated to Minecraft? 

i dont know how to check ??

Press F3. On the right, there should be something like "Allocated Memory" or "Used Memory". Just tell me how much of it is allocated...

Just now, DirtyBert said:

i dont know how to check ??

msi afterburner for vram and dram

task manager will do if you just wanna check dram

i just took a screenshot in a vanilla single player world

2016-03-11_19.07.43.png

@DirtyBert I know why you have those lags. You only have 1GB Of RAM allocated to minecraft which it is using completely. To change that, you have to edit your launcher profile. Click "edit profile". 

Then, you have to change two parameters. -Xmx and -Xmn. -Xmx is the maximum amount of RAM minecraft is allowed to use and -Xmn is the minimum amount. 

If you have 4GB of RAM, I would not change something since 4GB is not very much. If you have 8GB, you can do this: -Xmx4G -Xmn1G. If you got 16GB of RAM, you can allocate 8GB by changing it to -Xmx8G -Xmn1G. As you see, I allocated 10GB maximum and 8GB minimum. Just change those two parameters. Do not add them manually. They are somewhere. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

the problem to anything minecraft related :

65417667.jpg

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Allocate more RAM or either get rid of some mods. I know a lot of people who have awesome computers, but have trash performance on minecraft because of how garbage the game and its mods are optimized.

Spoiler

On 11/03/2016 at 7:17 PM, Lolucoca said:

1.PNG

2.PNG

i dont know what im doing wrong?, nothing is working 

2016-03-12_19.29.39.png

Wahat about your render distance? It can affect performance too... Also, have you set your maximum framerate to "unlimited"?

Have you tried installing OptiFine? It can give you a pretty significant increase in performance...

2016-03-12_10.19.38.png.cc94eb4beeeb558f

13 hours ago, Lolucoca said:

Have you tried installing OptiFine? It can give you a pretty significant increase in performance...

2016-03-12_10.19.38.png.cc94eb4beeeb558f

i have my render dustand set up all the way and my fps is on unlimited, would being using win10 be a problem?

@DirtyBert I'm using Windows 10 too... Have you tried installing Optifine? If you don't know how to do it by yourself, there are some installers out there :)

16 hours ago, Lolucoca said:

@DirtyBert I'm using Windows 10 too... Have you tried installing Optifine? If you don't know how to do it by yourself, there are some installers out there :)

i got it working at 100fps with optifine and shaders :)