PS4 vs Xbox One

Hi, so im running this poll for fun, to see what peoples opinions are. So this is for the CURRENT state of them. And please tell me why :) PLEASE DONT say because XBOX SUCKS!!! OR SONY PONYS or something. btw i do own both so here in my opinion....

PS4 -

+ Solid Controller with touchpad but it doesnt get used very often

+ Great Exclusives / Games

+ Most games run at 1080p while some run at 900p

+ Gaming Friendly User Interface

+ Slim and cool looking design

+ Internal HDD Support

+ PSVR

+ Fast Install Time

- Poor Online Network

- Not many good PS Plus Games

- Overheats / Gets Hot and is very loud (this will vary for people)

- No External HDD Support

Xbox One -

+ Great Exclusives / Games

+ Great Controller, especially for FPS (Elite Controller)

+ Never Overheats and isnt lood

+ "Better" Online Network

+ Good Games for Gold 

+ Listens to fan feedback

+ Windows 10 / DirectX12

+ External HDD Support

- Bulky and Power Brick

- Most Games are 900p while very few run at 720p, and some at 1080p

- Party Issues

I might have have missed some things, but thats all i can think of right now. IN MY OPINION, I like the Xbox One alittle better than the PS4. I love playing with friends on xb1 and i play mostly FPS games. The 900p vs 1080p is no big deal for me. I cant even see the difference but some people can (A foot away from tv lol) I do love my PS4 though. I play mostly Third Person Games on it or Big Indies on it. But yeah thats really it, please give me your opinions :) 

not sure, but this might be one of those banned types of posts, forget what they're called

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Dude, leave. This is a PC Master Race forum :D In all honesty tho, the ps4 is better. It has actual support for 1080p (i think)

ASU

1 minute ago, verydogesuchwow said:

not sure, but this might be one of those banned types of posts, forget what they're called

Ah yes, you're referring to console gaming. It has it's own sub topic just for trolls xD 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Ah yes, you're referring to console gaming. It has it's own sub topic just for trolls xD 

no that wasn't a joke, I was serious :P

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Just now, verydogesuchwow said:

no that wasn't a joke, I was serious :P

Oh, idk m8

ASU

3 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Dude, leave. This is a PC Master Race forum :D In all honesty tho, the ps4 is better. It has actual support for 1080p (i think)

well, i have a Gaming PC, FYI. Just wanted to do this for fun, since its a "Console Gaming" Topic. If you can read :)

8 minutes ago, mrconmasterx7 said:

Honestly I like Xbox better because of Halo and its integration with Windows (which is getting better) and honestly both consoles are under powered and theres really not a big different at all between resolution. games all run at the same frame rate and graphics, the only difference is a few pixels every once in a while. but when you're using a TV and not a monitor you cant even notice.

13 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

i think thats just arguments not civilised posts

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

3 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

Honestly I like Xbox better because of Halo and its integration with Windows (which is getting better) and honestly both consoles are under powered and theres really not a big different at all between resolution. games all run at the same frame rate and graphics, the only difference is a few pixels every once in a while. but when you're using a TV and not a monitor you cant even notice.

Same! Xbox is having huge improvements, It sucks though because there E3/announcement was horrible. With the Internet, Kinect, Used Games, etc. Im glad they got a new Head of Xbox

I like the ps4 because it is smaller and more powerful and i like the xbox because forza (SOON ON PC!)

3 hours ago, RGProductions said:

I like the ps4 because it is smaller and more powerful and i like the xbox because forza (SOON ON PC!)

thats another thing. I dont like how Xbox Exclusives are going to PC. PC gamers (im one lol) love it, but Xbox fans dont like the fact how "exclusives" go to PC. And i dont really think the ps4 is more "powerful", Xbox One has a slightly better CPU, PS4 has a slightly better GPU. But i get your point :)

Just now, mrconmasterx7 said:

thats another thing. I dont like how Xbox Exclusives are going to PC. PC gamers (im one lol) love it, but Xbox fans dont like the fact how "exclusives" go to PC. And i dont really think the ps4 is more "powerful", Xbox One has a slightly better CPU, PS4 has a slightly better GPU. But i get your point :)

the ps4 is slightly faster while being smaller and quiter, thats the big thing and i love the "exclusives" coming to pc

In my opinion, the usual argument that "PS4 is objectively better because it is faster and more powerful" is a stupid argument because the difference in "power" is irrelevant, especially compared to PC's. If your argument in for a peasant box is the graphics then you are just ignorant to the facts and oblivious to that that which is truly superior. 

With that said, I do own both an Xbox and a PS4. They do not get used very often for gaming. I usually only game on them with my small groups of friends that are not PC gamers. I primarily use them for streaming Netflix and watching Blu-rays on my home theater. I personally prefer the Xbox for everyday use scenarios, The Xbox interacts with my home theater system as a whole way better than the PS4. Kinect is very useful and overall the apps just tend to work a bit better. Plus Xbox Live, in my experience, is a bit more reliable. Oh, and the Xbox is quieter and gets way less hot. 

When it comes to watching Blu-rays, I prefer the PS4 simply because there is something about the codec that the PS4 use that things just seem nicer. The colors are a bit warmer and the viewing experience is more pleasant. Same with the audio processing. 

However, the one thing that really gets me heated about the PS4 is that STUPID light on the controllers. IT IS SO BRIGHT. It reflects on the TV when gaming and it is obnoxious when trying to watch a movie in a dark room. There is no way to turn off the light. Worst design choice. So bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2016 at 6:58 AM, mrconmasterx7 said:

I actually love that, and especially Phil Spencer's strategy of buying a title once for both. (I think that would be a great move, maybe because I care less of exclusives by being a PC gamer primarily )

CPU: i7-4790k || Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97|| Ram: GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X r9 390x || Case: CoolerMaster cm storm scout 2 || Storage: samsung evo 850 500GB , WD Black 3TB , WD Green 2TB , WD 1TB external (backups/Media) , Seagate 1TB external (Backups) || PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80+ GOLD || Displays: Samsung C24FG70 , Dell U2414H || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum || Headset: Logitech G633