First time AIO questions (h115i)

Specifically about the H115i as that is the likely cooler I will be getting.  Always been phobic about water cooling so big leap for me here.  

Rig its going in is a 5820k currently air cooled in a fractal R5.  

Some questions

1 -  The pump.  Ive read conflicting views on whether to hook this to the PWM header or just send it straight to 12v power.  Survey says?

2 -  I intend to go push/pull intake from the front.  Will the unit come with enough long screws to do this or will I have to buy more?  

3 -  Running push pull (so 4 fans), the fans should I split them down to 1 header, should I connect them to a sata powered pwm hub (have one already so wont need to buy one) and put that on one CPU header or run them split to 2 headers.  

4 -  The phobia setting in.  Should I just mount some shag carpet on the wall behind it so if it leaks and spits fire out the PSU I just get a total loss on the house or situate it away from curtains and no wall mounted rug and just lose the rig ?  (that one is sarcasm guys dont flip out hehe)

1) I've set mine up to the PWM header, but you have to tell your motherboard to not freak out about CPU fan errors.

2) I'm not sure. There isn't much benefit into doing push/pull, so I haven't looked into it.

3) I have a 360mm radiator, and a bunch of other fans, that I'm running off of a PWM splitter that came with my case (Enthoo Luxe).

4) AIO's have matured enough that this sort of this is a rare occurrence.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

10 minutes ago, Rhotis said:

Specifically about the H115i as that is the likely cooler I will be getting.  Always been phobic about water cooling so big leap for me here.  

Rig its going in is a 5820k currently air cooled in a fractal R5.  

Some questions

1 -  The pump.  Ive read conflicting views on whether to hook this to the PWM header or just send it straight to 12v power.  Survey says?

2 -  I intend to go push/pull intake from the front.  Will the unit come with enough long screws to do this or will I have to buy more?  

3 -  Running push pull (so 4 fans), the fans should I split them down to 1 header, should I connect them to a sata powered pwm hub (have one already so wont need to buy one) and put that on one CPU header or run them split to 2 headers.  

4 -  The phobia setting in.  Should I just mount some shag carpet on the wall behind it so if it leaks and spits fire out the PSU I just get a total loss on the house or situate it away from curtains and no wall mounted rug and just lose the rig ?  (that one is sarcasm guys dont flip out hehe)

1: pwm.

2: yes, it will come with all screws

3: you do not connect them to headers. You connect to the actual pump

4: it will not leak. even if it does, (1:1000000) corsair will replace parts destroyed by the water

1. Not sure, I have an H110i GT (the H115i is a renamed H110i GTX) and that connects up its pump via SATA power and then also to the CPU fan header. That seems to work fine.

2. If it's anything like the H110i GT, it only comes with enough screws for the included two fans.

3. Don't connect 4 140mm high static pressure fans to one fan header, I doubt it'll be able to provide enough power. 

4. Corsair have you covered in case of a leak; they'll replace anything the liquid kills whilst your cooler is under warranty (5 years, I believe). 

1 -  PWM. It'll allow the mobo to monitor whether the pump is running or not. Given the high-ish chance that it one day won't, you'll definitely want the alert, don't you?

2 -  It comes with 8 long screws. So you could mount each fan with just two and get by fine. Just so you know, push/pull doesn't do jack. The few degrees of benefit you might get, fall in the cracks of the varying ambient temperature, the varying thermal output of the CPU and overall setup. Heck, even TIM. 

3 -  Your best bet is to have opposing fans rotating at the same speed (just to avoid unnecessary strain to them) so either all in one header or the opposing ones in the same. Dealers choice. Four fans in the same header might be pushing the limits of it's ability to provide enough power. But again. If you insist on buying two extra fans, why not mount them so that the GPU benefits from them for example. 

4 -  It's highly unlikely that a short in the system would cause it to burn. That'll 99% probably just blow a fuse. Maybe ruin the computer but not cause it to burn. Computers burn most often due to flammable stuff in them, like dust. Or due to overstraining them, especially a cheap PSU with demanding hardware. Or a combination of both. 

Ok so hook it up (as intended) heh (but not with those fans, preference I have 2 140mm Fractal Venturi PWM in the front now).  

So one more question.  So no fans are going to be plugged into the CPU header, so have to turn the freakout off in BIOS no biggie.  So when the system starts though if this is hooked through the corsair link system how does the pump and fans start pre windows load?  Do they just go 12v max or?