Corsair H100i V2

Is there a difference in size and quality between the H100i V2 and the original H100i from Corsair? I'm looking into building a Skylake Mini-ITX build in a few weeks using the Corsair 250D as the chasse to house the components and I want to know if Corsair's made any physical changes to the AIO water cooling unit.

Some pieces have been moved to better places as well the fan speed was improved.

I haven't had a chance to mess with the H100i GT/GTX but I do have the H100i and it's fantastic. My only issue is the LED light for the Corsair logo doesn't seem to represent colors too well, maybe they fixed this on the H100i GT/GTX?

I think the biggest change you need to be aware of is from the H100 to the H100i. That included software controls (CorsairLINK) and larger rubber tubing (over the skinny, flexible tubing from before) for the H100i.

Ok, because a few years ago I've seen a video of Corsair emphasizing the H100i as the ideal AIO liquid cooler for the Corsair 250D unless there's another one similar in size and not from the company.

There are a few other options you could go with, such as the NZXT Kraken X60 or even the Corsair H105. They're all 240mm AIO Water Cooling packages and will all do a great job of cooling your CPU down in the Corsair 250D. Like I said earlier, I have the H100i personally (in a NZXT Noctis 450 case) and it has been fantastic! But I would go with whichever cooler you can get a great deal on and feel confident in. The main point here is that Corsair made room for a 240mm radiator in your case, so make use of it (:

Just now, rycmurray said:

There are a few other options you could go with, such as the NZXT Kraken X60 or even the Corsair H105. They're all 240mm AIO Water Cooling packages and will all do a great job of cooling your CPU down in the Corsair 250D. Like I said earlier, I have the H100i personally (in a NZXT Noctis 450 case) and it has been fantastic! But I would go with whichever cooler you can get a great deal on and feel confident in. The main point here is that Corsair made room for a 240mm radiator in your case, so make use of it (:

Ok, thank you for the advice :)