AI Suite 3 Voltage

In AI Suite 3 my CPU Core Voltage keeps going red, but I switched the voltage to adaptive in my UEFI and that didn't fix it. I'm a noob and this was my first build so ... help please!

My Build: Intel 6700k @ 4.8ghz NVIDIA EVGA 980ti Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb @ 2666mhz ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

1 minute ago, Balefulgoat213 said:

In AI Suite 3 my CPU Core Voltage keeps going red, but I switched the voltage to adaptive in my UEFI and that didn't fix it. I'm a noob and this was my first build so ... help please!

I believe AI Suite shows vCore voltage which is slightly different?

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I don't know but I do know that it shows red, and I don't like red!

My Build: Intel 6700k @ 4.8ghz NVIDIA EVGA 980ti Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb @ 2666mhz ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Go to your windows power options and change the power option to balance and see if that helps. 

Magical Pineapples

3 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Go to your windows power options and change the power option to balance and see if that helps. 

My voltage is still at 1.696v

1 hour ago, Balefulgoat213 said:

That is quite high ... you gonna do damage to your chip. What is your temps like at idle and at load?

Magical Pineapples

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

That is quite high ... you gonna do damage to your chip. What is your temps like at idle and at load?

My temps are fine, under 65 under load, I just don't know how to lower the voltage in the  ASUS ROG UEFI

Deinstall Al Suite 3. Problem solved.

Seriously. This Application is the buggiest Shit you can have. On my System, it caused isntability, +20-30 Watt higher power consumption in Idle, and other minor stuff.

Get rid of that Crap. Everything it does, can be done in UEFI itself.

And if you're a noob, you should read some OC Guides, before punching 4.8 Ghz into your CPU... You should really KNOW what you are doing, and which option does what exactly, before you do it.

Edit: And before you fucking ROAST your CPU with almost 1.7 Volts, what the Hell?!?!

1.4 Volt is Maximum 24/7 recommended for Skylake CPUs, if you have a good Aircooler, or an All-in-one Watercoooler (a good one.. 100+ bucks).

Maybe 1.45 Volts, if you have a REALLY good high end water cooling.

In my defense AI Suite did it, but I'm uninstalling, going to 45 multi and probably won't mess with the voltage much

Just now, Balefulgoat213 said:

In my defense AI Suite did it, but I'm uninstalling, going to 45 multi and probably won't mess with the voltage much

1 minute ago, Darkseth said:

Deinstall Al Suite 3. Problem solved.

Seriously. This Application is the buggiest Shit you can have. On my System, it caused isntability, +20-30 Watt higher power consumption in Idle, and other minor stuff.

Get rid of that Crap. Everything it does, can be done in UEFI itself.

And if you're a noob, you should read some OC Guides, before punching 4.8 Ghz into your CPU... You should really KNOW what you are doing, and which option does what exactly, before you do it.

3 minutes ago, Balefulgoat213 said:

Yup, that was exactly the Problem. Auto-OC software are Bullshit. They put WAY too much Voltage.

I cant even believe, a Motherboard really put 1.7 Volt on the CPU, like that's a save value x_x i Hope, the Sensor read the voltage wrong. Because this is really near-Roasting.

Edit: 

1.3 Volt is a solid Voltage to start with. 4.5 Ghz should be stable there on most Chips, if not, try 4.4 Ghz ~