[Unverified?] Microsoft buried a Get Windows 10 ad generator inside this month's Internet Explorer security patch (KB 3139929) for Windows 7 and 8.1

PatrikStar24
1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

-snip-

haha this is a differnt topic tho.

The add is in EI security patch to let you know that Edge and Windows 10 are more secure :P So it's fitting :D

But either way, as far as adds and notifications they can be terminated. I'm still yet to install W10 on my main machine, mainly due to being lazy for clean fresh install with all programs and sorting and customizing. As far as other machine, it haves W8.1 Enterprise and that edition doesn't receive any promotional adds, just a W10 banner staying in Windows Update window with 'Reserve' button.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

17 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Why don't you guys just quit fucking complaining and upgrade already?

The pod people have you, the only escape is to realize this!!!

To be honest, I am moving away from Windows at every opportunity, and I always thought Linux was for nerdy guys who either had nothing better to do or thought it made them look cool somehow.

I'm just sick of Microsoft doing things we all know we would never accept from anything else but the OS we 'have to' use.  The bigger these things are in the average user's life, the more invasive they get.
Google, Facebook, and Microsoft make spies obsolete and are about as creepy as some weird old guy who rummages through your garbage hoping to find old underwear.