Internet in different Countries?

stan92

@Mooshi please answer my questions;

1. What are S.Koreans?

2. What speeds do S.Koreans get?

1) The people of South Korea.

2) It depends since averages bring a score down, but a quick search shows S.Korea gets some of the best average speeds world wide.

Here are more examples that show just how suck, slow and/or greedy American ISPs are vs parts of Asia. In Hong Kong, you can get a 500mbps connection for the equivalent of 25usd or 30usd if you live in Seoul, S.Korea  A lot of people in the US praise Google like it's the second coming of Jesus, but in reality it isn't /that/ special. In Japan, you can get a 2Gbps connection for about 51usd. That's 19usd cheaper than Google Fiber's 1gbps, which is hardly even available to people in the US out of very select cities.

Source:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/24/us-internet-speed_n_3645927.html

@kushal171 10 megabits or 10 megabytes?

no idea lol i read up about the differences and still forget them AND im doing computing alevel which has the difference in it but still i forget xD

i think im talking about megabytes =D

and i also know that the average has gone up to 14-5

no idea lol i read up about the differences and still forget them AND im doing computing alevel which has the difference in it but still i forget xD

i think im talking about megabytes =D

and i also know that the average has gone up to 14-5

In 99% of the cases when talking about Internet connection speeds it's Megabits. If the average is 14-5 then it's in megabits.

1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits

In 99% of the cases when talking about Internet connection speeds it's Megabits. If the average is 14-5 then it's in megabits.

1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits

yeah i get confused cuz of the word mega  :blink:

1 byte is  8bits

FUN FACT OF THE DAY

4 bits make a nibble xD