Raspberry pi Pipboy

Little update! Nearing my final design of my pip-boy!

Ive added two photos of the frame for the screen with and without the visior. 

The screen frame is made for a 5inch touch screen display as the whole pip-boy is 6 inches long and 5 inches deep, i plan to power the whole devise with a 2.5 amp 5v portable charger (hopefully over 10,000mah) and have windows 10 on it with around 64gb of storage. 

So lately, being the big fallout geek that i am i wanted to get the anniversary edition of fallout 4 (sadly i didnt) but once i learned how crap that the anniversary edition pip-boys were (Ontop of only holding a phone). I wanted to make my own with the power of a desktop and thats when i stumbed onto the raspberry pi 2, small, powerful and being able to be powered by a portable charger. So ive been designing and now ive stumbed onto a design that ive made to fit a 5 inch touch screeen and a hopefully 10-16,000 mAh portable charger. And as of now i think ive settled on a desgin i like. 

Right now i've printed a 1/4th scale of the full model

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hehe, I remember my first days of 3D printing, play with the acceleration values on the X/Y axis and you can fix the "echos" when the printhead goes around corners. Another thing to mention is that most 3D printers can print arches without support material. I would also look into reducing the retraction speed on the extruder. After changing these values, I got FAR better prints, and they actually printed faster too because I could raise the overall print speed without having issues

this-is-amazing-en-ffffff

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Looks to me like .3mm

Yeah, I've never printed anything higher than .2, then quickly ran back to .1 for dat quality.

ASU

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

What layer height did you print that at?

.2, its at my school printer an woud take to long to print 

I have done .35mm before, good for 3D printer parts

Ah the joys of custom built/janky repraps xD

ASU

i mean it might cost more but why not just get a 100 dollar android phone? 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, Matthewv1998 said:

.2, its at my school printer an woud take to long to print 

@iamdarkyoshi is right tho, next time don't print with support as your school's printer can probably do it just fine with out. Which printer is it exactly, I'm curious.

ASU

Just now, Mohenjo said:

i mean it might cost more but why not just get a 200 dollar android phone? 

Well, windows on the go basically and a home made look which i like

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

@iamdarkyoshi is right tho, next time don't print with support as your school's printer can probably do it just fine with out. Which printer is it exactly, I'm curious.

It is a makerbot replicator 2 i think 

Just now, Hackentosher said:

My previous school's printer put support anywhere it damn well pleases. It was horrible getting support out of things that shouldnt have had it in the first place

1 minute ago, Matthewv1998 said:

Well, windows on the go basically and a home made look which i like

true 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

My previous school's printer put support anywhere it damn well pleases. It was horrible getting support out of things that shouldnt have had it in the first place

Rip in peace. Do I smell a Flashforge?

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Rip in peace. Do I smell a Flashforge?

Its an old dimension 3D printer with a print area of 10x10x10inches and a print speed of a snail. My original printer completed tasks in 1/5 the time

On March 9, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Hackentosher said:

It is a makerbot replicator 2 i thin

On March 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Matthewv1998 said:

Little update! Nearing my final design of my pip-boy!

Ive added two photos of the frame for the screen with and without the visior. 

The screen frame is made for a 5inch touch screen display as the whole pip-boy is 6 inches long and 5 inches deep, i plan to power the whole devise with a 2.5 amp 5v portable charger (hopefully over 10,000mah) and have windows 10 on it with around 64gb of storage. 

So lately, being the big fallout geek that i am i wanted to get the anniversary edition of fallout 4 (sadly i didnt) but once i learned how crap that the anniversary edition pip-boys were (Ontop of only holding a phone). I wanted to make my own with the power of a desktop and thats when i stumbed onto the raspberry pi 2, small, powerful and being able to be powered by a portable charger. So ive been designing and now ive stumbed onto a design that ive made to fit a 5 inch touch screeen and a hopefully 10-16,000 mAh portable charger. And as of now i think ive settled on a desgin i like. 

Right now i've printed a 1/4th scale of the full model

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Update! Nearing final design!

3 hours ago, Matthewv1998 said:

It is a makerbot replicator 2 i thin

Update! Nearing final design!

Looks sick! You may want to adjust your design to accommodate the shape of your arm. That is unless your arm is actually just an oversized hotdog.

ASU

21 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Looks sick! You may want to adjust your design to accommodate the shape of your arm. That is unless your arm is actually just an oversized hotdog.

Ive actually printed a test frame, i should actually put the photo of it up