Best Gaming Laptop for GTA V 1080p 60fps?

I'd like to pick up a new laptop, something that can run GTA V at 1080p 60fps, Medium/High Settings. I'd like something that's totally portable (like no external GPU housing/water cooling dock, etc.) Any suggestions?

MSI GS40 or GS60 with 970M?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

MSI GT-80 SLI titan? That would be best, but you could build an x99 rig with two 980ti's for about the same price along with a couple 4k monitors. Anything from MSI with a 980m would probably be fine.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

MSI GT-80 SLI titan?

yeah that's totally portable.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Oh my God gaming laptops are so expensive! My desktop rig with a better graphics card and processor was nearly a grand cheaper!

Just now, ZetZet said:

yeah that's totally portable.

Sure it is, modern soldiers carry around 70-100 pounds of equipment, OP can carry around a 30 pound laptop and it's 5~ pound charger XD.

ASU

1 minute ago, Terrifis said:

Oh my God gaming laptops are so expensive! My desktop rig with a better graphics card and processor was nearly a grand cheaper!

What did you expect?

Spoiler

I know its not 60 FPS but just to give you a good idea....

Dell 7559 with i7 6700HQ + GTX 960M, "Very High" Settings kicks out around 45-55 FPS.

2 hours ago, Terrifis said:

That looks thick lel, go with the Dell Inspiron 7559. 

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

3 hours ago, RickL said:

I know its not 60 FPS but just to give you a good idea....

Dell 7559 with i7 6700HQ + GTX 960M, "Very High" Settings kicks out around 45-55 FPS.

That looks pretty great, but it actually has essentially the exact same specs as the one I posted. You think the 7559 would be better?

I would think you would need to go for a model with a 980m to get 60FPS in GTAV at high settings, maybe a 970m at medium etc, but I havn't played the game so can't be sure.

Keep in mind the CPU is important for FPS performance in GTAV as well.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

As stated previously, the CPU plays a MASSIVE part in how GTA and other games run. I am zero experience with the i74720HQ performance, I think thats the top one from the previous gen prior to Skylake so to be honest, I cant see many issues with that.

The DELL ----------------------------------------- VS ----------------------- the Asus

After Discount £696 inc VAT/Del       ----- vs ----- £780

6th Gen CPU                                           vs     5th Gen CPU

Dell build quality.... just, because Dell, the after sales service is brilliant and always has been in my book.

The only downside on the dell for me is the track pad.... its shocking. You cannot play games on it but hey, who does right? I use a BT Mouse.

If you were interested in this laptop, I would highly recommend doing what I done which is select the base model (£696) then purchased an M.2 250gb Samsung 850 for £75.