Best degree for microprocessor architect

Clanscorpia

Uni here, but a lot of people already suggested your best course of education so I'm not going to be of any use if I just say the same but let me ask you this: Why? Microprocessor architect is extremely specific. Are you fond of such complex designs?

The End is Near

Most recent benchmark: Click

1 hour ago, Zjurc said:

Uni here, but a lot of people already suggested your best course of education so I'm not going to be of any use if I just say the same but let me ask you this: Why? Microprocessor architect is extremely specific. Are you fond of such complex designs?

I have the very useful ability to learn things and understand that best course of action very, very fast and being able to assess things and notice small things as well. Computers have always interested me and the one job that has billions of very small things I need to understand seems very attractive to me

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I just completed my computer engineering degree, you should go that route. Computer engineers take classes for both computer scientists and electrical engineers. I had a solid state electronics class for electrical engineers that focused on the physical aspects of the chip as well as what the heck is going on with the electrons at the gate level. I also had a microprocessor architecture course for computer scientists that explored the higher level aspects of microprocessor design as in what the caches do, pipelining, etc. There is also a very large system integration (VLSI) class that could be helpful as they lay out logic gates on an FPGA. To start with, you really need to get as many math and science courses out of the way before entering college. Calculus should be in there as well as physics and chemistry courses, which will be great prep for college. If compute programming courses are available at your school, I would try to take as many of those as possible too. Intel and companies that design around ARM recruited heavily at the school I graduated from so try and pick a larger university as they tend to have more recruitment events with large companies.