Electricity Shocks on PC case

IloveMLP

I used to have a printer to usb cable that shocks me when i touch the head of it . I just rearranged my desk and did some cable management. Before I even plugged in the PSU cable , I had a shock when i accidentally touched the top of the case. Can anyone help me with getting rid of the electricity shocks? I'm using the Coolermaster Elite 500 Version 2 with 3 pins

3 minutes ago, IloveMLP said:

I used to have a printer to usb cable that shocks me when i touch the head of it . I just rearranged my desk and did some cable management. Before I even plugged in the PSU cable , I had a shock when i accidentally touched the top of the case. Can anyone help me with getting rid of the electricity shocks? I'm using the Coolermaster Elite 500 Version 2 with 3 pins

Sounds like a static shock but if your getting shocked by the case it sounds like you have an ungrounded case, I would look into getting a plug tester to see if the wall plug you are using is grounded if all of your power bars and cords are properly grounded. 

9 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Something is not using a 3 prong plug, maybe the printer? This is normal for two prong devices to give a small shock.

but somehow the printer cable doesn't shock anymore , the PC case is now doing it. I think its because the cable got in touch with the case. And what do you mean by 3 plong

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Sounds like a static shock but if your getting shocked by the case it sounds like you have an ungrounded case, I would look into getting a plug tester to see if the wall plug you are using is grounded if all of your power bars and cords are properly grounded. 

you mean the wall socket?

2 minutes ago, IloveMLP said:

but somehow the printer cable doesn't shock anymore , the PC case is now doing it. I think its because the cable got in touch with the case. And what do you mean by 3 plong

3-prong-vs-2-prong-extension-cord.jpg

Check over all of your power leads and make sure the PC's power lead is not broken or plugged into any two prong sockets

7 minutes ago, IloveMLP said:

Yes both the wall socket and other devices to make sure they are all grounded properly. 

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

3-prong-vs-2-prong-extension-cord.jpg

Check over all of your power leads and make sure the PC's power lead is not broken or plugged into any two prong sockets

but i have not even plugged in the cable into the PSU yet and I'm experiencing electric shock, this didn't happen yesterday though

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Hmm..........

should this even be happening considering that the power supply isn't even plugged in with power

Just now, IloveMLP said:

should this even be happening considering that the power supply isn't even plugged in with power

Could be coming through the shielded cable of another device, like a monitor. Plug in your PSU and see if thst fixes it

where you plug pc power cable?i mean directly plug or 3 or 4 prong in one power cable?

- AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor

- Asus Prime A320M-K ATX motherboard

- Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

- Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz Ram

- Corsair VS 550 power supply

- Kingston A400 240GB SSD

- 1TB WD BLUE HDD Hard Disk & Samsung 320GB HDD(7200RPM)

- CPU COOLER: Stock Cooler(AMD)

9 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Could be coming through the shielded cable of another device, like a monitor. Plug in your PSU and see if thst fixes it

do i touch the case when i turn it on or do a boot up then shot down to touch it?

Just now, IloveMLP said:

do i touch the case when i turn it on or do a boot up then shot down to touch it?

Umm... shouldnt matter? As soon as the power cable is connected, the shocks should go away

5 minutes ago, Niraj The Great said:

where you plug pc power cable?i mean directly plug or 3 or 4 prong in one power cable?

i didnt even plugged it in before i got the shocks

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Umm... shouldnt matter? As soon as the power cable is connected, the shocks should go away

as far as i know 200+ V should be deadly right?

Just now, IloveMLP said:

i didnt even plugged it in before i got the shocks

Plug it in and see if that stops the shocks. Its kinds hard to explain, but having the main PC plugged in should stop the shocks

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Plug it in and see if that stops the shocks. Its kinds hard to explain, but having the main PC plugged in should stop the shocks

I'll try touching it again later......

29 minutes ago, IloveMLP said:

At more than ~30-40V AC that's already a painful shock, so yes, but as said plugging in the PSU power cable does ground the entire system if you still experience shocks then you most likely have am ungrounded connection either going to the wall socket or the socket itself is ungrounded.

Just now, IloveMLP said:

I'll try touching it again later......

I think if u should buy Shock proof cloth :P and you will not get shock..haha

1 minute ago, Niraj The Great said:

I think if u should buy Shock proof cloth :P and you will not get shock..haha

wouldn't it damage the components???

Just now, IloveMLP said:

wouldn't it damage the components???

No..but is there have sound hear from your cpu?

1 hour ago, Niraj The Great said:

No..but is there have sound hear from your cpu?

I think powering on the PSU solved it. I've tried touching it a little and it didn't shock like it used to.

hmm..i think u right..

1 minute ago, Niraj The Great said:

hmm..i think u right..

at least its better than it used to. It was like burning my fingers.