LQ Cooling Loop Help

Go to solution Solved by givegomezthegun,

It doesn't really matter how the loop is run other than the reservoir has to feed the pump.  In loops with multiple radiators many people will feed through a radiator before moving on to the next component to cool, but it doesn't actually matter.  You could go from your pump to your video cards to your cpu then straight through 3 rads back to the reservoir, or pump to radiator to video cards to radiator to cpu to radiator to reservoir, it's up to you.. 

It starts with the reservoir and goes to the pump.. after that it doesn't really matter so long as it feeds back to the reservoir at the end.

I will be running a 5960X, Two Titan X's and that's it.

I will be using 2 240mm and 1 140mm radiator and a pump/res combo.

How should I run the loop like which way to put the actual loop.

Just now, HeroXLazer said:

I will be running a 5960X, Two Titan X's and that's it.

I will be using 2 240mm and 1 140mm radiator and a pump/res combo.

How should I run the loop like which way to put the actual loop.

The order of the loop doesn't matter as long as the res is above and just before the pump. As for the radiator space that would be a good amount but in general if you can fit it longer rads tend to perform better than shorter ones connected in series. 

You should run dual 980ti's instead, they'll overclock further, perform better, and cost 2/3rds as much.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

It doesn't really matter how the loop is run other than the reservoir has to feed the pump.  In loops with multiple radiators many people will feed through a radiator before moving on to the next component to cool, but it doesn't actually matter.  You could go from your pump to your video cards to your cpu then straight through 3 rads back to the reservoir, or pump to radiator to video cards to radiator to cpu to radiator to reservoir, it's up to you.. 

It starts with the reservoir and goes to the pump.. after that it doesn't really matter so long as it feeds back to the reservoir at the end.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop