Review: TaoTronics Metal LED Desk Lamp (Model: TT-DL17)

Crosseyed Sniper

TaoTronics Metal LED Desk Lamp (Model: TT-DL17) (Metal Body, Touch Control, 3 Lighting Modes, 3 Brightness Levels & USB Charging Port)

Finally made my computer desk complete by getting a desk lamp, and a very nice one at that. I figured you guys may like seeing a review of something different, so below is a brief review of this lamp. Hopefully some of you will find this helpful. Let’s get to it, shall we?

Packaging & Contents

The desk lamp is very well packaged and the packaging looks nice. I'm already impressed and I haven't even opened the box yet.

QJfyXjy.jpg

Once you open the box, you will see that the desk lamp is protected nicely. It's wrapped in plastic and there's a thick packing foam securing it in place. Just look at in there sleeping so peacefully. Awwww, isn't it cute?

630pGSI.jpg

Here's everything included in the box. Lamp, Power Adapter, Cleaning Cloth, Manual and Bonus 6 Month Warranty Card.

NA93gGu.jpg

Lighting

The lamp comes fully assembled and ready to shine. Just connect the power adapter, plug it in, tap the power button and adjust the lighting to your liking.

The lamp has 3 lighting modes (Sleep Mode @ 3000K, Relax Mode @ 4000K, & Study Mode @ 5000K). You can also adjust the brightness of each mode to your liking by simply tapping the Up/Down button. I really like this feature. On it's brightest setting, the lamp puts out some very nice, bright light that illuminates my entire desk area. I'm really impressed with the amount of brightness. I do find myself using Sleep Mode the most as I tend to be more productive at the computer with less light.

By the way, the lamp LEDs do not get hot. They only get mildly warm when at their brightest setting. Nothing to worry about at all, they will not burn you.

Here's a few pics showing off the lighting.

i7ImZIq.jpg

MT6E9QV.jpg

3cVrKFW.jpg

zQufWe6.jpg

Kqg8r7t.jpg

Lamp Arm Adjustment & Lamp Base

The lamp arms can be adjusted to almost any angle. Once the arms are adjusted to where you want them, there is enough tension there to keep them in that position without sagging. They can also be completely folded down for packing. The lamp base is wide and provides adequate counter weighting to keep the lamp from tipping over while sitting on your desk. I would recommend placing one hand on the base while adjusting the arms, however.

The bottom of the base has a smooth, rubber pad attached to it, which actually feels like a mouse pad. The lamp takes up very little space on your desk. That's certainly a plus for me, as I've got everything but the kitchen sink sitting on my desk.

gCKuIVC.jpg

xMwnTDm.jpg

O8ACf4p.jpg

USB Charging Port

The lamp also has a single, built-in USB charging port at back of lamp base, which is another nice touch. The lamp does not come with a USB cable, but you probably already have one lying around anyway.

fo0mLiK.jpg

6fK5TwC.jpg

Build Quality

The lamp body and base are made of aluminum alloy. The touch-control panel and hinges of the lamp are made of a thick, strong plastic. The lamp feels well made. I have no complaints at all about the build quality of this particular lamp. As long as you aren't man-handling it like an angry gorilla, slamming it against a wall, beating on it with a hammer, driving over it, throwing it out of a plane or jumping up and down on it, it should hold up well during normal everyday usage.

Lamp Features & Specs

opawS10.jpg

xHyARNu.jpg

hVimceT.jpg

Final Thoughts

I honestly love this lamp! It looks amazing and feels well made. I love being able to adjust the level of brightness for each mode, especially for those times when you do not necessarily need the light to be at its brightest. And the controls are responsive to the touch when adjusting the light--as they should be. I can't speak for anyone else, but this lamp is perfect for me. If you're looking for a very capable lamp and one that also happens to look sexy, look no further. This is a high quality lamp and I highly recommend it.

To see more pics of this desk lamp, please visit the following link: http://imgur.com/a/72P1l/all 

Where To Buy

You can purchase this lamp from Amazon. Here's the US link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019MPUVHK