Good headset

Scottonpc

I need a good headset  for gaming and music because I have broken this cheap Samsung headset and I have been using headphones for gaming which has been okay for sound quality. Also, I have tried using my Turtle Beach X11s but they have a constant fuzzing and I'm sure this happens due to the amount of power from the USB port.

I live in the UK and I have been looking at the following headsets:

Corsair Vengeance 1500

and

Steelseries Siberia V2 headset

My price range is around £50

The Corsair ones seem more robust. The latest headset from Steelseries, the Siberia Elite aka PILLOWS ON YOUR EARS looks nice, but the other Siberia models have cheap looking builds.

steelseries is the way to go!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Siberia I have had 3 V2000's and they have all broken due to the build and my friends V1500's also broke I have also tried the siberia and they were a lot better in terms of build.

Siberia I have had 3 V2000's and they have all broken due to the build and my friends V1500's also broke I have also tried the siberia and they were a lot better in terms of build.

Really? Hard to tell with the glossy plastic look of the things.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just need to know if to get the USB 2011 version or 2009 non usb version?

if your onboard is terrible, with pops or hiss, i'd probably go usb.

if onboard is fine, then get whichever is cheaper.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

if you want a 3.5mm jack, i'd advise going for the headset i have; Razer Kraken Pros (black - Linus and slick use them in the WAN show). the sound is a little bass-y but, the functionality of the headset - retractable mic and a single jack for phone usage - is very handy. would highly recommend that headset and its just a little over your budget :)

hope this helps

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

if your onboard is terrible, with pops or hiss, i'd probably go usb.

if onboard is fine, then get whichever is cheaper.

he said the x-11s were usb and produced that hiss so it wont be the onboard. <- thats based on what he said

my old x-11s were usb and 3.5mm's. this is because they are a console headset also, i plugged all three connectors in nevertheless into my sound card and pc.

i got rid of my x-11s because they were open eared and people on skype were conplaining that they could hear my music, but really really bad quality.

i sidetracked - USB would be a good idea however

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

he said the x-11s were usb and produced that hiss so it wont be the onboard. <- thats based on what he said

my old x-11s were usb and 3.5mm's. this is because they are a console headset also, i plugged all three connectors in nevertheless into my sound card and pc.

i got rid of my x-11s because they were open eared and people on skype were conplaining that they could hear my music, but really really bad quality.

i sidetracked - USB would be a good idea however

That's probably less to do with open earcups and more to do with shoddy isolation between the mic and headphone circuits.

That's probably less to do with open earcups and more to do with shoddy isolation between the mic and headphone circuits.

probably. I did dislike the headset and it was a cheap fix. Had to have a proper reason to spend money on another headset instead of my girlfriend... :P

Spoiler

I'm looking between eitherthe Razer Kraken Pro's or the Sibera V2. There's too many choices xD

I'm looking between eitherthe Razer Kraken Pro's or the Sibera V2. There's too many choices xD

I tried Logitech G35 they will give you great surround sound. For example in Battlefield 3 i can clearly say where is the enemy, as in comparison i used Razer Carcharias with Asus Xonar DX with Dolby Headphone and Dolby Pro Logic IIx and they were worse. For music, I'm not entirely sure about quality of G35 in music. I think that they were quite good in stereo mode but strange (need to get use to) in surround mode. Boom mic was as my friend told me worse than in Carcharias ( I'm talking about older Carcharias ). Also Logitech G35 are closed headphones. They make u feel a little strange because u cant hear really good even yourself if you are talking with them on your head. They are on USB of course because they are designed for gamers and they deliver great surround not because of only headset but because of built in audio processor which they have in ear cup. I read, that they like to brake on the part which puts ear cup and bail, but I'm not sure it's because of bad using or because of manufacturing malfunction. But for gaming they are quite special experience.