Best Platform for video editing

OK everyone on this forum will call me a peasant or something but here it is.

I am making jonathan morrison's case on this if you are editing on the go i would use a macbook pro with a retina display on final cut pro whereas when at home i would use a pc with adobe premiere

I want your thoughts on this

That would actually be a solid workflow if you want to be able to edit from anywhere. If having a Macbook Pro makes you more productive then I'd definitely go with it. I use Adobe Premiere and After Effects and even with a quad-core Xeon and a GTX960 it still can lag up a bit. I really wish they could optimize the Adobe programs as good as Final Cut Pro.

Current Rig - CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 GPU: AMD RX480 8GB RAM: 16GB PNY DDR3 Storage: ADATA 120GB SSD 1TB Seagate HDD OS: Windows 10 Pro

YouTube Tech Channel - Tech House

Well, from what I gather, Final Cut Pro is so light that Jonathan Morrison can get it to edit 4k video even on a Macbook running a core M processor. I can definitely see its allure if you want to be able to edit videos while on the move, with all the shorter export times and all. 

Ok i have decided i am gonna buy a mac pro with the company's money and build a pc for my own personal use

id just use one platform for it all, i edit on premier on my gaming laptop just fine and have used it on a 15" retina just fine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii