Network/Server Room Pics Thread!

Show off your network/ server room here! Heres mine-

First, here's my pfsense details:

Spoiler

677f3f52c4df6956db52f79aac77eef3.png.674

It's a good thing TWC doesn't have bandwidth caps! I restarted my pfsense box only 2 DAYS AGO!

Here's the front of the half-rack I colocate in a datacenter in LA:

Spoiler

File_000.thumb.jpeg.cc28f82e69d008d7a0e8

On the top, you see 2x Ubiquity Edgerouter Lites. This photo is about 3 months outdated, so a lot has changed. I will go over this photo as if it was recent though. Below the edgerouters, you see 2 pdus. The top one is unmanaged, but the bottom one is managed. It is used for fencing in Proxmox. The three servers below the pdus are virtual hosts. I use Proxmox as a hypervisor. I prefer proxmox over hyperv or vspere. Each virtual host has 24gb ddr2 ecc and 2x quad core intel cpus. I'm not sure what model they are. Below the proxmox hosts is a dedicated server. It has 24gb ddr3 and 2x e5540's in it. Below the dedicated server are two servers which are colocated. Below the colocated servers is the r710 used as an nfs file server for the Proxmox hosts. It has 24gb ddr3 and also 2x e5540s in it. A bit lower are two Cisco catalysts. These are now implemented, but at the time were just sitting around. The server below the catalysts is a pfsense box that is also now in production. It replaced the 2x edgerouters. Finally, below the pfsense box, there is the backup server. It has 4x 500gb drives in it. The purpose of the server is... well... backup. It stores all of the vm file vzdumps.

Now on to the back of the rack:

Spoiler

File_001.thumb.jpeg.3e7114126d07935e4a6a

Pretty self-explanatory. Pretty sexy cable management near the switches. I promis you it looks a lot better now 

What the??? How did this get in here? Anyway, lets move on!:

Spoiler

56d8f1b4ba183_File_001(2).thumb.jpeg.896

Here's my desk. Sorry for the mess:

Spoiler

56d8f232c5b17_File_001(3).thumb.jpeg.a85

Here's my desk. If you want to see my pc specs, you can check them out on my profile.

Here is my network closet. I am in the process of moving it to somewhere else, but I havn't decided yet:

Spoiler

56d8f33cf31af_File_000(1).thumb.jpeg.d71

You can see my pfsense box on the top shelf, my cable modem on the wall, my fake synology box, and my ups. My ups is on the floor, with the fake synology stacked on top. My "fake" synology runs XPENoBoot, which is a kernel designed to run synology's nas os DSM. It is actually what inspired me to buy my DS215+, which BTW is AMAZING.

Here is the rest of my network equipment. Bask at it's glory!:

Spoiler

File_002.thumb.jpeg.aa5606bda817974f4497

On the top left, you can see my netgear readynas 102. It has 2x wd reds in a RAID 1 configuraton. On the top right is my Synology DS215+. It has 2x Crucial 240GB ssds. In the middle is my TP-Link SG2424. It's an amazing switch for the price, and I highly recommend it. The only thing about it is it only seems to support on LACP bond, which isn't a huge issue for me, as I can create as many static LAG bonds as I want. In the bottom is my pride and joy, the Poweredge R220. It has a Xeon E3-1231V3 in it, 8GB DDR3 ECC, an 80GB velociraptor, and a WD 1TB Black drive. It also runs Proxmox 3.4. VMs include a webserver, mysql server, RTMP relay server, and a Windows Server 2012 R2 server for Plex.

Dat sexy ass. I MEAN, backside!:

Spoiler

56d8f8d28a009_File_000(2).thumb.jpeg.110

My rule of thumb is - If you can bond it, bond it! Not much to see here. I do intend to add a 10Gb NIC in the future.

I hope you liked my setup! From the looks of it, I spend more than an hour and a half assembling this post! Anyway, I'd love to see your setups too! - tt2468 (Kyle)

My native language is C++

You call that cable management?  Bah!

4JIIAld.jpg

jk looks great! :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You call that cable management?  Bah!

Spoiler

4JIIAld.jpg

jk looks great! :)

All coax? JK. Thanks!

Just now, Kyle Manning said:

All coax? JK. Thanks!

idk I just found a picture of excellent cable management xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

That pretty nice looking,:)

You've got better cable management than Linus!:P

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

1 minute ago, Sportiva said:

That pretty nice looking,:)

You've got better cable management than Linus!:P

Maybe he should have me help him out with the server room xD

Just now, Kyle Manning said:

Maybe he should have me help him out with the server room xD

Totally,xD

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Awesome, I've been messing around with PFSense lately and its dope. Just created a PFSense router for my internal lab which servers as a bridge as well as routes packets between subnets for my CentOS mail servers. Was a pain in the ass too get working but it's beautiful 

I'll have to post my Proxmox octopus in a bit...

Does "server room" count if it's a bunch of zombie motherboards on cardboard with cables draped across the room :P

I wish I could afford a rack...

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

1 minute ago, PCgamer324 said:

I'll have to post my Proxmox octopus in a bit...

Does "server room" count if it's a bunch of zombie motherboards on cardboard with cables draped across the room :P

I wish I could afford a rack...

I suppose it does... I use these wall-mounted racks and they work great!

56d9028de7c29_File_000(3).thumb.jpeg.c87

5 minutes ago, Kyle Manning said:

I suppose it does... I use these wall-mounted racks and they work great!

how do those work exactly o.O

Can they handle substantial servers (4-6u?)

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

It can hold my r220 and switch. Since it is steel, I think it can hold simething like 200lbs. The only thing to watch out for is if the server can hang vertically.

I know a lot of data centers that do not let you take photos in them, so don't expect anything form half the people who have access to a data center.

My best cabling effort thus far. Took me far too long and a 6 pack of beer.

IMG_20150119_232102.jpg

IMG_20150119_234421.jpg

CPU: i5-6600k GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti Ram: 16GB DDR4 SSD: Samsung 950Pro 512gb m.2

On 3/4/2016 at 7:05 PM, Blake said:

I know a lot of data centers that do not let you take photos in them, so don't expect anything form half the people who have access to a data center.

I was assuming this was for personal only. Don't see much point posting pictures of my work, you can get pictures of rooms full of racks on google.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

I was assuming this was for personal only. Don't see much point posting pictures of my work, you can get pictures of rooms full of racks on google.

to quote op: 

" Here's the front of the half-rack I colocate in a datacenter in LA: " I'd assume he is looking for both?

I'd take pictures of our work racks to share, and not be breaking any rules, but of our ~150 racks I have access to... 0. I just don't have any reason to see the hardware now that I'm a supervisor and graduated to having remote access.

As for my personal rack, I have some rewiring to do, then I can share some pictures.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

26 minutes ago, Blake said:

to quote op: 

" Here's the front of the half-rack I colocate in a datacenter in LA: " I'd assume he is looking for both?

Hahah woops didn't read that part, my bad.

Think the earlier picture of cable management (purple) is fiber with ST connectors.

I've been very slowly rewiring mine, and my unfinished room in le basement is messy, but maybe i'll take a picture now so there can be a before and after.. just be forgiving. It's nice to see others' setup with an explanation to get more ideas. I find it fun anywho, hope more post!

I like the idea of colocating, how did you find such a deal?

8 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Think the earlier picture of cable management (purple) is fiber with ST connectors.

I've been very slowly rewiring mine, and my unfinished room in le basement is messy, but maybe i'll take a picture now so there can be a before and after.. just be forgiving. It's nice to see others' setup with an explanation to get more ideas. I find it fun anywho, hope more post!

I will pm you the info about the colocation. If those are ST connectors, then those are some pretty big ass ST connectors...

10 hours ago, Mikensan said:

It's definitely the back of an HD-SDI patch panel. It's technically coax, and usually has BNC connectors instead of F-connectors. That type of rack (that huge amount of cabling) is usually at a sports stadium with dozens of camera and hundreds of prewired camera locations. A college football stadium I ran cameras at had only 8 cameras in use per game, but 34 positions wired for both coax and fiber. The back of the patch panel in the control room looked exactly like that, only with about 1/3 the wires and fiber connections in another panel below.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Ah ok, makes sense. The staggered couplers just made me jump to thinking of my fiber panel at work. My ST connectors however are very close diameter, but the gauge of the wire/cable is definitely very different. Never imagined a scenario with that many coaxle, but a stadium makes sense.

Well All my Cisco equipment are still at my parents house. The place I'm staying at has no space for stuff. 

These are the images, which are old.

Spoiler

IMG_20140812_135556_zps69b6de04.jpg

IMG_20150401_161405_zpslxy7pxlc.jpg

CISCO_LAB_zpsftm7m0fc.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Finally got around to taking pictures... mostly because I just got finished putting everything into its new home..

I will draw a physical and a logical map later. Mainly I just have 2 boxes for a small ESXI cluster managed by vcenter. FreeNAS used for backups, storage, and iSCSI for the ESXI servers. Two UPSs neither of which are over loaded. Not in any of the pictures is a vonage dealy. Whole album: http://imgur.com/a/u3DRz

Before:

Spoiler

81yZs7d.jpg

Finished:

Spoiler

U7Pd1Bb.jpg

The back is still ugly, and between my back hurting and being tired.. this is the way it is going to be until this weekend:

Spoiler

NfuUp73.jpg

From top to bottom:

Left: Cable internet (100/5)

Right: pfSense 2.2.6

Spoiler

KLq2BjJ.jpg

16 port gigabit switch, cheapest one that supported LACP and was 16 ports.. 

Dell C1100: 2x 5520, 32gb, 1x 2tb, 1x 3tb, 1x 500gb Samsung (cache/swap, will be moved soon)

IBM 3650m2: 2x 5520, 32gb, 1x 146gb

Spoiler

ox6nDSZ.jpg

Last but not least...

FreeNAS: E3-1220, 32gb ECC, 5x 4TB, 4x 3TB. The drives on the left are on the motherboard controller - they're only used for backup so throughput didn't matter to me. The remaining 3 will be SSDs will budget allows.

Spoiler

qjDEGiw.jpg