Phanteks Luxe Fan setup

Hey guys, I am going to be ordering parts soon,  so I am trying to figure out how to get my fans setup and which fans would be best for my situation. 

I am going to most likely be getting the Phanteks Luxe. Here's a look at the Luxe just in case.

Xk5m0Rt.png.52b3c86fb2207c8803ee61b0ec3d

-------------------------------------------------

Might not be the best picture, but as you can see that  the hdd cages are behind the panel that starts at the dotted lines. I will be using a 280mm cooler that I'll probably be mounting at the top. I may also be getting a 980 Ti Hybrid (Possibly 2, not sure yet). So I'm still trying to figure out where I'd mount them, maybe one at top with the cpu rad and one at the back. (I know this isn't the liquid cooling section, sorry just kinda talking out loud at the same time)

Back to the air cooling though..included is a 200mm front fan. Though is it better to have two 140s instead of a 200? I also believe I can mount 2 120s on the HDD cages (If I kept them in, not sure about that either!) Along with fans on the bottom (I think 2 120s or 140s, not sure).

So main question....is it better to have 140s instead of a 200? How should I setup my fans? And which fans would be best for this case? Of course I'd like the best airflow to get the best temps. Sound isn't a main concern, but of course quieter is better as long as it doesn't hurt temps that much.

I currently have 5 Corsair AF Fans and my 670 running at high fan speeds when gaming, so I'm semi-used to it, but like I said quieter could be good too.

Anything is appeciated, sorry if this was long!

**( I will also most likely be using 2 HDD's and 2 SSD's as of now.)

While two 140mm fans will pull in more air than a single 200mm fan, the 200mm fan will still be able to move more air relative to fan speed. Since it can move more air than a single 140mm fan and do it at a much lower rotational speed, it's more efficient, and a lot more quiet.

Thus. I'd recommend getting larger fans instead of multiple fans if you can help it. I don't know a lot about fan brands, but I think Noctua makes the quietest ones relative to air flow.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

I got the Enthoo pro, basically same case, just slightly taller. The only thing I noticed worth mentioning is that the top only supports slim 200mm without modification, but there looks to be about an inch from the 140mm mounting screw rails to the motherboard tray. 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

enthoo pro user here not sure about the luxe, but you can remove all or just half of the HDD cages and to be honest I'd mount the HDDs in the optical drive slots (with adapters they are cheap) and have no restriction in the front. you can mount both SSDs behind the motherboard tray you just have to order another ssd bracket (if not already included). For fans i have noctuas (for you since you want to go with 140mm fans id suggest the NF-A14 PWM) and am very happy with them people also suggest bequiet silent wings or venturi fans from fractal so it really depends on your budget. The fan setup you pictured is actually pretty good but it is negative air pressure so dust will be more of a problem, adding another fan in the bottom would make it neutral(ish). In the picture it say 2×120 fans on the rad but in the post you say 280mm rad which is it? Mounting the GPU rads/fans just use the nearest fan slots even if it will be set as an intake dont worry about the warm air getting into the case it will not effect thermals much. 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

1 hour ago, LukaH said:

enthoo pro user here not sure about the luxe, but you can remove all or just half of the HDD cages and to be honest I'd mount the HDDs in the optical drive slots (with adapters they are cheap) and have no restriction in the front. you can mount both SSDs behind the motherboard tray you just have to order another ssd bracket (if not already included). For fans i have noctuas (for you since you want to go with 140mm fans id suggest the NF-A14 PWM) and am very happy with them people also suggest bequiet silent wings or venturi fans from fractal so it really depends on your budget. The fan setup you pictured is actually pretty good but it is negative air pressure so dust will be more of a problem, adding another fan in the bottom would make it neutral(ish). In the picture it say 2×120 fans on the rad but in the post you say 280mm rad which is it? Mounting the GPU rads/fans just use the nearest fan slots even if it will be set as an intake dont worry about the warm air getting into the case it will not effect thermals much. 

Thanks for the detailed reply!

That was the only picture I could find really of fan setups for the case. 

Though yes, like I said the rad for the cpu will be a 280mm.

And I know that isn't the best picture again, but just an fyi if anybody else posts..

Its a 280mm rad for the cpu (Probably the Kraken x61), most likely mounting on top as an exhaust. Front will pull fans in. I believe I can put some fans on the bottom of I don't have the psu cover. Though if I keep the hdd cages, I also think it's possible to mount 120 fans on them, not sure if that would be better or to remove them completely.

And as far as the hybrids still, not sure what would be better intake/exhaust wise. Then I just need to figure out the best mounting spots still. 

Thanks again for the fan recommendation too, I'll take a look at those.