Connect two lines

IronDino

I'm doing some networking at a small business, Currently have 2 routers with direct lines to each one, I want to connect them to double the internet bandwidth, how can this be done?  

7 hours ago, IronDino said:

I'm doing some networking at a small business, Currently have 2 routers with direct lines to each one, I want to connect them to double the internet bandwidth, how can this be done?  

You need to have both lines going to a single router that has builtin features for load balancing. There are simple solutions from companies like TPlink, but the better option is a router from Ubiquiti or Mikrotik.

Edit: and no matter how you do it, a single computer accessing a single resource on the internet, like a speedtest, wonmt be faster. But the router will assign connections to one or the other to balance out and use the two as much as possible.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

20 hours ago, IronDino said:

With a custom router, running pfsense, you can use link aggregation. It allows two connections for double the bandwidth. This should be what you're looking for.

10 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

With a custom router, running pfsense, you can use link aggregation. It allows two connections for double the bandwidth. This should be what you're looking for.

THIS IS FALSE. 

This is bad information and is not correct. Link-Agg capabilities through PFSense would only support the aggregation of LAN links, NOT WAN LINKS.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

1 hour ago, peterino55 said:

With PFSense you can probably do it also. But THIS IS NOT CALLED LINK AGGREGATION. It's called Load Balancing. You can only link aggregate between two devices you control, like a server and a switch, a switch and a router, two switches, etc, because they have to be on the same network and you have to set it up on both ends. When you only have control over one end, and the two resources you want to "combine" are from different ISPs/networks, the best you can do is load balancing.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

3 hours ago, Sunshine1868 said:

THIS IS FALSE. 

This is bad information and is not correct. Link-Agg capabilities through PFSense would only support the aggregation of LAN links, NOT WAN LINKS.

My bad

• 4 weeks later...

Just to follow back my self on this!

What I ended up going with is the Peplink Balance 30

http://www.amazon.com/Peplink-Balance-30-Multi-WAN-Router/dp/B0012L1QOA?ie=UTF8&keywords=peplink%20balance%2030&qid=1459263252&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

By no means is the a cheap option, but it works very well. Does not double the speed, but is share the load out among WANs

I would recommend it if you have many devices connecting to one network. If you only have a few devices at home say, not worth the price tag... Very cool product overall.