Creating "The Legacy" 2.0!

Early last year I decided to take the plunge into the famous "PC Race" and build my own computer. I did my research and built myself a budget machine that I could use for content creation and gaming. So far...I a very happy with myself. However, the time has come for me to upgrade my computer dubbed "The Legacy." The CPU (AMD FX 8320) and my storage (Samsung 850Pro and 2 Hard drives) are going to stay the same but i'm updating everything else. I want to hear what you guys think because I'm still new to this kind of adventures. I'll make a full parts list below:

AMD FX 8320

Cooler Master Hyper T4

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z MB

16GB (2x 8) Kingston HyperX DDR3 Ram

XFX R9 380 4GB

Samsung 850Pro 256GB

Western Digital 2TB Hard Drive

Corsair CX600

Thermaltake Suppressor F-51 Case

Extras:

Logitech G710+

Logitech MX Master

Asus VE278 27" Monitor

NZXT Red LED Kit

2 minutes ago, Podunk_Media said:

Early last year I decided to take the plunge into the famous "PC Race" and build my own computer. I did my research and built myself a budget machine that I could use for content creation and gaming. So far...I a very happy with myself. However, the time has come for me to upgrade my computer dubbed "The Legacy." The CPU (AMD FX 8320) and my storage (Samsung 850Pro and 2 Hard drives) are going to stay the same but i'm updating everything else. I want to hear what you guys think because I'm still new to this kind of adventures. I'll make a full parts list below:

AMD FX 8320

Cooler Master Hyper T4

XFX R9 380 4GB

Samsung 850Pro 256GB

Corsair CX600

Extras:

Logitech G710+

Logitech MX Master

Asus VE278 27" Monitor

NZXT Red LED Kit

get a 8350 and a hyper 212 evo or a h60 for some overclocking, and get a better psu like a corsair rm550

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

5 minutes ago, Podunk_Media said:

AMD FX 8320

Cooler Master Hyper T4

XFX R9 380 4GB

Samsung 850Pro 256GB

Corsair CX600

Extras:

Logitech G710+

Logitech MX Master

Asus VE278 27" Monitor

NZXT Red LED Kit

Is there any possibility that you can go with even a budget i5 chip? It will offer SOOOOOOO much more performance for SOOOOO much less power consumption and heat output.

ASU

7 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

get a 8350 and a hyper 212 evo or a h60 for some overclocking, and get a better psu like a corsair rm550

Don't get a Hyper 212 Evo, its not really an upgrade form that cooler. If youre sticking with air cooling I really love the Be Quiet! Coolers. if not Phanteks has some nice ones, or go with a corsair or NZXT AIO. 

I do agree with the Power Supply I'd get an 80+ Gold rated PSU (like the Corsiar RM series is) but get enough wattage so you can easily make upgrades for years to come:)

otherwise Pick whatever motherboard looks coolest to you, RAM is the same, 16GB is more than anough for rendering a 4k video, laying games, and recording simultaneously for me. I really don't see why anyone gets 32Gb or more. and as for graphics card get a 390x or 980ti I'd say. ( LOVE the 980ti Zotac Amp! Edition. :D) 

and for case you cant g wrong with Phanteks!:D if you want to get new LED's to i'd grab the NZXT Hue+

any other questions? i'm here for ya man!

7 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Is there any possibility that you can go with even a budget i5 chip? It will offer SOOOOOOO much more performance for SOOOOO much less power consumption and heat output.

A stock cooler and an i5 4460 and a low/mid range intel board will run circles around an 8350 in most gaming workloads

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

I'm actually sticking with an AMD build to save alil money because I actually have plans to build a separate machine for editing. Unfortunately my plans are just a tad bit to pricey for me at the moment (I7-5930K just to name one of the high dollar parts). The same goes for my GPU choice. I chose the r9 380 because I don't see myself gaming or editing in 4K anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Beeeyeee said:

Don't get a Hyper 212 Evo, its not really an upgrade form that cooler. If youre sticking with air cooling I really love the Be Quiet! Coolers. if not Phanteks has some nice ones, or go with a corsair or NZXT AIO. 

I do agree with the Power Supply I'd get an 80+ Gold rated PSU (like the Corsiar RM series is) but get enough wattage so you can easily make upgrades for years to come:)

otherwise Pick whatever motherboard looks coolest to you, RAM is the same, 16GB is more than anough for rendering a 4k video, laying games, and recording simultaneously for me. I really don't see why anyone gets 32Gb or more. and as for graphics card get a 390x or 980ti I'd say. ( LOVE the 980ti Zotac Amp! Edition. :D) 

and for case you cant g wrong with Phanteks!:D if you want to get new LED's to i'd grab the NZXT Hue+

any other questions? i'm here for ya man!

Really helpful man! I do agree with picking a new cooler, but I feel my current power supply will be fine because i'm going to build a NEW system in the future to replace this one while "The Legacy" will remain as my personal rig! 

On March 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Podunk_Media said:

Really helpful man! I do agree with picking a new cooler, but I feel my current power supply will be fine because i'm going to build a NEW system in the future to replace this one while "The Legacy" will remain as my personal rig! 

Sounds perfect! The CX isn't a bad power supply, you can just get a much more efficient one, but I'd save that for an editing rig. :)

though I gotta say, I edit and game on my own rig all the time. And it's so much easier to just do both on one rig. I'd honestly go for that. 

True True...I'm just addicted to building computers haha. I've been doing some thinking and basically decided to change most of my parts...

Here They Are:

Asus GTX 980ti

AMD FX-8370

Corsair AX860

Corsair H60 Water Cooler

16 GB Kingston Hyper X

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z