Need fan setup advice! (picture inside)

Hey all!

I posted this week about cleaning my H100i radiator, which led me to thinking about push/pull options, and today I just picked up an NZXT GRID+V2 and I am about to clean my cooler radiator, so what better time than now to reassess what fan setup (location/direction) i should use. picture is attached showing how I have it set up now.

What I am leaning towards doing is switching my H100i to PULL in air instead of PUSH, but then how should i change my other fans? or keep them the same? But then I also read that if you do PULL on the radiator you need a dust filter (C70 corsair case I have does not have a top dust filter). So that got me thinking of maybe putting my front fans on top, and putthing the H100i radiator in the front (because there is a dust filter there. But then I dont know where I would put my hard drives and also not sure if my H100i tubes will reach all the way to the front.

what do you guys think? 

fan-setup.jpg

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

Have the H100i fans in pull configuration but as exhaust fans for the case.  

R9 5900X | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | ASUS Crosshair VIII DarkHero | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 | 2x 1TB WD Black SN850 | Lian Li O11D-XL | Corsair AX1200i

Just now, Mattyp92 said:

Have the H100i fans in pull configuration but as exhaust fans for the case.  

do you have a dust filter in front of your H100i?

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

Just now, kofman13 said:

do you have a dust filter in front of your H100i?

We'll you aren't taking air from outside of the case but exhausting the case air.  Essentially the same way you have it now but with fans on top of the radiator but still exhausting that heat out from the case, not configured as intakes.  You wouldn't have any more dust getting to the radiator than you have it now. 

R9 5900X | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | ASUS Crosshair VIII DarkHero | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 | 2x 1TB WD Black SN850 | Lian Li O11D-XL | Corsair AX1200i

Just now, Mattyp92 said:

We'll you aren't taking air from outside of the case but exhausting the case air.  Essentially the same way you have it now but with fans on top of the radiator but still exhausting that heat out from the case, not configured as intakes.  You wouldn't have any more dust getting to the radiator than you have it now. 

I mean my radiator will be taking in air from outside of the case since its pulling tho. 

2 minutes ago, kofman13 said:

I mean my radiator will be taking in air from outside of the case since its pulling tho. 

You can have the radiator in pull configuration with it still drawing air from inside the case.  It would look like this (warning, very crude drawing)20160302_202033.thumb.jpg.390fadbb377599

6 minutes ago, Mattyp92 said:

You can have the radiator in pull configuration with it still drawing air from inside the case.  It would look like this (warning, very crude drawing)20160302_202033.thumb.jpg.390fadbb377599

Ahh i gotchu, but then what is the point of that? If air is sitll exhausting from inside the case, out in to the room, what makes it different with the fans after the Radiator instead of vice versa how i have it?

1 minute ago, kofman13 said:

Ahh i gotchu, but then what is the point of that? If air is sitll exhausting from inside the case, out in to the room, what makes it different with the fans after the Radiator instead of vice versa how i have it?

It makes it easier to clean the radiator.  You also don't want the radiator as an intake if you only have one because it will raise the ambient temperature inside the case.

Just now, Mattyp92 said:

It makes it easier to clean the radiator.  You also don't want the radiator as an intake if you only have one because it will raise the ambient temperature inside the case.

Ahhh thats definitely true youre right.  This is a side note but do you think I can hook up the H100i fans directly into my new fan controller along with the rest? i hate corsair link but i still want to control radiator fan speed

Just now, kofman13 said:

Ahhh thats definitely true youre right.  This is a side note but do you think I can hook up the H100i fans directly into my new fan controller along with the rest? i hate corsair link but i still want to control radiator fan speed

I don't see why not.  Worst case scenario just swap out the fans for a better set of fans (make sure they are high static pressure fans if you do)