Corsair Utility Engine - Scimitar RGB

derick90
Go to solution Solved by Inheritance,
Just now, derick90 said:

That actually brings up a good question, It's currently plugged into my 3.1 port, only other USB i've tried has been a USB 3, should i try one of the USB2 ports on my board? And no, it's plugged directly into the motherboard. 

Go in ot device manager and delete everything under HID, and Mouses. Then try a 2.0 port. If that doesnt work try restarting with the mouse in a 2.0 port

ASUS loves to put special sauce on their 3.0 and 3.1 ports... And when i say special i mean they decide not to follow standards and shit goes wrong. 

So for some reason, everytime i reboot my pc, I have to run a firmware update (same exact update) repeatedly, after that, the program no longer recognises the mouse. I've tried not updating the firmware and I end up at the same conclusion. I've searched online with no solution, anyone have any ideas or are going through the same nonsense as I?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro if that matters and all drivers are up to date. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

RMA it if possible. Reinstall cue.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

21 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

I'll have to try to RMA it, i've reinstalled CUE and even have nuked my HDD's / SSD (for different reasons) - at that point CUE one of the first installed programs. Thanks for the help =]

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

3 hours ago, derick90 said:

I'll have to try to RMA it, i've reinstalled CUE and even have nuked my HDD's / SSD (for different reasons) - at that point CUE one of the first installed programs. Thanks for the help =]

Does the mosue work with out CUE running? If it does hold off on the RMA. Also when you say the  "program no longer recognises the mouse" does the mouse still show up in CUE? 

Also is your bios and chipset up to date? 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

Just now, Zheren159 said:

Does the mosue work with out CUE running? If it does hold off on the RMA. Also when you say the  "program no longer recognises the mouse" does the mouse still show up in CUE? 

It does work without CUE running, but all of my remapped keys for the thumb grid do not work. As for the second question, it doesn't show up under devices at all, as in that tab on the software is unclickable, and under rare circumstances where it is, no devices show up. It worked once which is when i set the keys up. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

It does work without CUE running, but all of my remapped keys for the thumb grid do not work. As for the second question, it doesn't show up under devices at all, as in that tab on the software is unclickable, and under rare circumstances where it is, no devices show up. It worked once which is when i set the keys up. 

are you running the mouse through a hub of some sort? And try changing USB port. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

4 minutes ago, Zheren159 said:

are you running the mouse through a hub of some sort? And try changing USB port. 

That actually brings up a good question, It's currently plugged into my 3.1 port, only other USB i've tried has been a USB 3, should i try one of the USB2 ports on my board? And no, it's plugged directly into the motherboard. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

Go in ot device manager and delete everything under HID, and Mouses. Then try a 2.0 port. If that doesnt work try restarting with the mouse in a 2.0 port

ASUS loves to put special sauce on their 3.0 and 3.1 ports... And when i say special i mean they decide not to follow standards and shit goes wrong. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

1 minute ago, Zheren159 said:

Lmao. I will definitely try that when I get off work, also saw that ASUS released a bios update 2 days ago that i haven't installed yet so ill flash that as well. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

Lmao. I will definitely try that when I get off work, also saw that ASUS released a bios update 2 days ago that i haven't installed yet so ill flash that as well. 

If that doesnt work contact Corsair Support. They will be able to help you better and process the RMA is its needed. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

4 hours ago, NTF5252 said:

This. it will only get worse.

6 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

If that doesnt work contact Corsair Support. They will be able to help you better and process the RMA is its needed. 

So I'm not sure which fixed it, however, I switched to a USB 2.0 and updated to the latest bios. Now, I'm not getting the constant firmware update, as well as CUE is recognizing the mouse immediately and switching to my default profile. Thanks!

HeadsetLogitech G430  

6 minutes ago, derick90 said:

So I'm not sure which fixed it, however, I switched to a USB 2.0 and updated to the latest bios. Now, I'm not getting the constant firmware update, as well as CUE is recognizing the mouse immediately and switching to my default profile. Thanks!

no problem. good ot hear its working

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

3 hours ago, Reavantos said:

This. it will only get worse.

really didnt get worse. Stop recommending people to blow money on a RMA when its not a hardware issue

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

3 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

really didnt get worse. Stop recommending people to blow money on a RMA when its not a hardware issue

To be honest, I ignored that anyway. In my opinion/experience there is typically an underlying reason not hardware related that needs fixing. Also, I've never, In my 8+ years building PC's, had to RMA a piece of hardware. Perhaps I'm lucky, one will never know. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

so this is how my experience with the corsair scimitar mouse has went. recieved the mouse, plugged it into USB 2.0, Installed CUE, Denied the firmware update on the mouse, Changed the color to blue. Exitied CUE, Not a single problem so far, i will continue to deny firmware updates for my mouse and headset because both work just fine, why possibly break something that is working? anyways, i love this mouse, its the best :D