The [Name] wall-mounted PC pre-log

Hi guys it's me Steve,

I had to move from this topic: 

So now I'm here introducing a 2nd time: THE (STILL) NAMELESS WALL MOUNTED PC!

You can read about it on my blog https://steveswallmountedpc.wordpress.com/ where most of the more detailed postings will be at. Please feel invited to follow the blog although it is quite boring at the moment because everything is hypothetical. 

This thread here will be the main forum thread throughout the build. I will also add a smaller one on overclock.net and some others. 

I have 3 interesting things by now that are targeted towards people who are planning their own custom mods and measure in millimeters. I have made and will make further AutoCAD drawings of the components and give you the measurements in mm. There will also always be my inch reference in a seperate link in case you don't use the metric system. But have a look yourself: https://steveswallmountedpc.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/the-mainboard/ (I made this to be printed some time to know exactly where I have to drill holes to mount an ATX mainboard). 

This may be a bit early to start a build log for a mod that will be done in september/october but I want to share every aspect of the process with you including the pre-build research which in my eyes is the most important part! 

I hope you will enjoy following this (I think it's a firstie on LTT Forum) and are as excitied as I am :D

Keep it up!

Steve

51 minutes ago, mikat said:

what specs will it have? :D

If the price of the new Broadwell-E and Pascal chips allow it I would love to have the i7 6850K and 2x GTX 1080 (whatever will be its name). :) 

For storage I'll go with 500GB of Samsung (currently planned 850 Evo) and 1TB WD Black for my Windows stuff and 250GB and 1TB for Ubuntu. The extra storage needed will be located in my home fileserver. I think that is the best solution for me :D

32 minutes ago, flexluthor said:

No plans for Optane?

Did some 30sec research. Didn't know about it! Thank you :D sounds very interesting but as always: depends on the cost :)

I really wanted to know the price thanks.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?