monitor psu making a low humming noise

SuperFlower

I have a lg 23mp75hm-p monitor, and i recently discovered that when i listen closely to the monitors power supply i can hear a low buzzing sound, BUT only when i turn off the display. When the monitor is on, the sound dissapears. Is this bad? Can it cause something to the monitor? 

I've noticed a very faint sound coming from the back of the monitor, also when the display is off. 

Should i worry? 

If your monitor is working properly, it shouldn't be a problem. It's likely just the switching circuits making the buzzing noise. The same thing happens with graphics cards, power supplies and other electronics.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

2 minutes ago, MeltingPoint said:

If your monitor is working properly, it shouldn't be a problem. It's likely just the switching circuits making the buzzing noise. The same thing happens with graphics card and power supplies.

Though some PSU have the same problem at idle with it even worse under any load above "light" (eg, Corsair CX850M).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Could be this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_hum Shouldn't be a problem, but I'm no expert

i5 6600K @ 4.4GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240M (GC Extreme Thermal Compound) / Asus Maximus VIII Gene / 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 / 240GB SanDisk SSD Plus & 2TB SeaGate Barracuda HDD / EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 / XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold  / Fractal Design Node 804                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Total: £1042.31

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Though some PSU have the same problem at idle with it even worse under any load above "light" (eg, Corsair CX850M).

My PSU is a very good unit according to reviews and it also buzzes. Sometimes it buzzes on light load, sometimes oh high loads and sometimes it does not buzz at all.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I can hear the sound also coming from the back of the monitor, if i listen closely. 

So you are saying that i should not worry?

1 minute ago, beast said:

I can hear the sound also coming from the back of the monitor, if i listen closely. 

So you are saying that i should not worry?

Same thing happens with my power supply sometimes even when my computer is plugged in but not turned on. It's just the coils (inductors) that are vibrating and making the sound.

60FPS Microwave

ok i understand now. I was afraid leaving the monitor in the power outlet when i wasn't home. 

The only weird thing that my monitor does is some random plastic clack sound.