My second Build Ever

Hello there. This is my first Post on this Forum. :D 

Right now I'm planning to build a new PC for myself and as I am not very experienced in building PC's, finding the right parts to fit in a system, I hoped you could help me with it. 

My Budget is around 2000 Euro - 2200 Euro. (There is a prize list at the bottom of the post. Everything besides the most part names is in German but you can easily see the prizes)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Current "System"

Mainboard:

Asus X99-A Intel X99

CPU:

Intel Core i7 5820K

Graphics Card:

Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix OC Active

Liquid Cooling:

Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX

PSU:

750 Watt Enermax Platimax Modular 80+ 

Ram:

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4

SSD:

250GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5" (Edited From 256GB Pro)

HDD:

2000GB Seagate NAS HDD ST2000VN000 64MB 

Case:

be quiet! Silent Base 800 (with window)

Drive?*:

LG Electronics CH12NS30 Blu-ray Combo SATA 

Windows 10 Pro

I already have the peripherals I want.

*I don't know if it's the right word. (I'm German) I mean the thing where you put the CD's in.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really really appreciate every little suggestion, tweak and just in general every bit of Info that could help me improve this build.

If there is anything missing, you need additional Info about anything or have any questions please let me know.

And if this build is just BS, doesn't even work or has big flaws in it I would also appreciate if you tell me what I did so horribly wrong :D

Thank you in advance :D

~Jaeric

New System..PNG

Edited by Jaeric
SSD and prize list updated

Are you sure you will actually need a CD drive?

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

i like everything, but you need an x99 board, or an 1151 processor (which ever you think is best) just remember that you need to set the xmp profile for your ram when you are done and you should be golden. 

What are you doing, I am really confused at the moment?

I really don't think you have a LGA 1151 motherboard with a LGA 2011-3 CPU.

2 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

does this build include an operating system? or are we going linux or pirated or something?

OS is one of the last things I listed. Win 10 Pro :D

6 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

i like everything, but you need an x99 board, or an 1151 processor (which ever you think is best) just remember that you need to set the xmp profile for your ram when you are done and you should be golden. 

Hopefully the mainboard I added is okay :D

1 minute ago, Jaeric said:

OS is one of the last things I listed. Win 10 Pro :D

ahhh. okay i didnt see it. dont use the express setting then! 

Just now, Bigheart said:

ahhh. okay i didnt see it. dont use the express setting then! 

Okay thanks :D Won't do :D

11 minutes ago, EmeraldKiwi said:

Are you sure you will actually need a CD drive?

For older games I guess. (If they even run on Win 10)

Drop the 850 Pro for an 850 Evo.  I could swap the 2 around and you won't ever know the difference.  The rest looks great.  Why Win 10 Pro?  Do you need domain support?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

5 minutes ago, Jaeric said:

Hopefully the mainboard I added is okay :D

be careful with that. just cause you have an optical drive and some pc games doesnt mean that they are compatible with windows ten. i have age of empires 2 on disk and i couldnt get around compatibility issues without a user patch. 

Just now, Bigheart said:

be careful with that. just cause you have an optical drive and some pc games doesnt mean that they are compatible with windows ten. i have age of empires 2 on disk and i couldnt get around compatibility issues without a user patch. 

Thanks :D I'll do that :D How good is Win 10 actually? Only used it once. I still use Win 7

1 minute ago, Jaeric said:

Thanks :D I'll do that :D How good is Win 10 actually? Only used it once. I still use Win 7

honestly, its okay. id say its about as good as windows 7. here is a tip. if you have an unused laptop or other device that has windows 7, 8 or 8.1, and that has never been upgraded to 10, you can use the product activation key that they come with in order to activate windows ten on your pc, thereby getting you the software for virtually nothing. to do this you need to download an inactivated copy of windows ten onto a flash drive and boot from it, and then when prompted, use the activation key. 

Just now, Bigheart said:

honestly, its okay. id say its about as good as windows 7. here is a tip. if you have an unused laptop or other device that has windows 7, 8 or 8.1, and that has never been upgraded to 10, you can use the product activation key that they come with in order to activate windows ten on your pc, thereby getting you the software for virtually nothing. to do this you need to download an inactivated copy of windows ten onto a flash drive and boot from it, and then when prompted, use the activation key. 

Just now, Jaeric said:

yee. ive never used the activation key from something im still using, only from tear downs that i do sometimes, so i dont know what would happen if you use a code from a machine you are planning to use, so be warned.

9 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Drop the 850 Pro for an 850 Evo.  I could swap the 2 around and you won't ever know the difference.  The rest looks great.  Why Win 10 Pro?  Do you need domain support?

Thank you for the info :D saved around 50 Euro for only 6GB less :D

I don't know why Win 10 Pro :D Just cause :P

Just now, Bigheart said:

yee. ive never used the activation key from something im still using, only from tear downs that i do sometimes, so i dont know what would happen if you use a code from a machine you are planning to use, so be warned.

So... should I use the code from my mother's laptop? she is still using it, but will never upgrade to win 10.

Just now, Jaeric said:

Thank you for the info :D saved around 50 Euro for only 6GB less :D

I don't know why Win 10 Pro :D Just cause :P

Then you can save going for just the Win 10 Home Edition or whatever it's called now.

Just now, Jaeric said:

So... should I use the code from my mother's laptop? she is still using it, but will never upgrade to win 10.

like i said, im not sure what would happen. it might deactivate the copy of windows on your moms computer, or perhaps nothing will happen. ive never tried on a machine i still used. 

Just now, Samfisher said:

Then you can save going for just the Win 10 Home Edition or whatever it's called now.

Is there nothing really special about the pro version? If not I'm most definitely going to use the home version.

1 minute ago, Bigheart said:

like i said, im not sure what would happen. it might deactivate the copy of windows on your moms computer, or perhaps nothing will happen. ive never tried on a machine i still used. 

Okay :D Thank you very much for your help :D

4 minutes ago, Jaeric said:

Is there nothing really special about the pro version? If not I'm most definitely going to use the home version.

You get group policy, active directory control and domain support, things most people never even heard of let alone use :P