Editing/Gaming PC Opinion

Go to solution Solved by brob,
26 minutes ago, KristjanR said:
Hi, I would like to know what do you think about this kind of budget build for editing/gaming/streaming and also for upgradability.                                                                                           Corsair Air 240 
Intel I6500 
Gigabyte GAH110M-S2HP mATX 
Corsair Dominator 16GB 2400mhz 
Nvidia Geforce 780TI 

Unless you already own the Dominator memory or someone is giving it to you, don't waste the money. Check out lower cost kits like G.Skill NT, Corsair Vengeance LPX, etc.

Hi, I would like to know what do you think about this kind of budget build for editing/gaming/streaming and also for upgradability.                                                                                           Corsair Air 240 
Intel I6500 
Nvidia Geforce 780TI 

Around 400-600€. I know I have putted an 780Ti but I would get that used or 960.

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

What's your budget?

Just said and also will this build be a bottleneck for example if I putted a i7 6700 and gtx 980?

Just now, KristjanR said:

Just said and also will this build be a bottleneck for example if I putted a i7 6700 and gtx 980?

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GMy87P
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GMy87P/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£219.91 @ Dabs) 
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Mushkin ECO2 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£40.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  (£149.93 @ More Computers) 
Case: Zalman ZM-T1 PLUS MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£25.97 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£36.98 @ Novatech) 
Total: £511.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-01 19:44 GMT+0000

That's what you should do ^

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£40.99 @ Amazon UK) 

I kind of should have mentioned that I would like skylake since im really looking to buy in 8-15 months i7 6700 but after I make the build.

Consider cheaping out on a skylake i3 and getting a 390 or 970, since you're going to get a 6700 in the future.

26 minutes ago, KristjanR said:
Intel I6500 
Nvidia Geforce 780TI 

Unless you already own the Dominator memory or someone is giving it to you, don't waste the money. Check out lower cost kits like G.Skill NT, Corsair Vengeance LPX, etc.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

13 minutes ago, brob said:

I was already considering getting Hyperx.

17 minutes ago, jaffer said:

Consider cheaping out on a skylake i3 and getting a 390 or 970, since you're going to get a 6700 in the future.

But using this build and the motherboard and gtx 960 4gb with an i3 6100 will not be bottleneck? Cause I will need this for streaming, video editing and mostly like GTA V and HITMAN and the latest games while recording 1080p. 

2 hours ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

But using Gigabyte GAH110M-S2HP mATX motherboard and gtx 960 4gb with an i3 6100 will not be bottleneck? Cause I will need this for streaming, video editing and mostly like GTA V and HITMAN and the latest games while recording 1080p. And will it perform okay or almost as good as an i5? Cause I dont want any stuttering or things like that while streaming. 

7 minutes ago, KristjanR said:

But using Gigabyte GAH110M-S2HP mATX motherboard and gtx 960 4gb with an i3 6100 will not be bottleneck? Cause I will need this for streaming, video editing and mostly like GTA V and HITMAN and the latest games while recording 1080p. And will it perform okay or almost as good as an i5? Cause I dont want any stuttering or things like that while streaming. 

If you really wanna do editing and streaming the Xeon is your best bet. An i3 would certainly be less than ideal for this kind of workload.

1 minute ago, tataklee said:

If you really wanna do editing and streaming the Xeon is your best bet. An i3 would certainly be less than ideal for this kind of workload.

Ok but im also looking for newer thing like skylake since in few years it will probably mainstream. But an i3 could handle this with no bottlenecks?

Just now, KristjanR said:

Ok but im also looking for newer thing like skylake since in few years it will probably mainstream. But an i3 could handle this with no bottlenecks?

I don't think so. At least get a quad core.

2 minutes ago, KristjanR said:

An i3 is unlikely to handle the workload. An i3 is a bit less than half the cpu power of an i5.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, tataklee said:

I don't think so. At least get a quad core.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

An i3 is unlikely to handle the workload. An i3 is a bit less than half the cpu power of an i5.

So an i5 would be minimum if I want skylake. But an i5 with this motherboard and gtx 960 would be a bottleneck? And if I replace it with i7 6700 will there be something bottlenecked?

6 minutes ago, KristjanR said:

So an i5 would be minimum if I want skylake. But an i5 with this motherboard and gtx 960 would be a bottleneck? And if I replace it with i7 6700 will there be something bottlenecked?

An i5 and the GTX 960 would work, though the Xeon would work even better.

9 minutes ago, tataklee said:

An i5 and the GTX 960 would work, though the Xeon would work even better.

how many fps in gta v i would get more over i5 6500?