My 2nd hdd is not being detected

Werdna
Go to solution Solved by Werdna,

Alright I fixed it. One of the HDD slot on my Air 540 was broken. :( 

So instead I used my own sata cord and molex . cable managements gets ruined but atleast i got it working :D  

12788846_1675238999397472_1072520994_o.jpg

so my 1tb hdd was getting full go i went and grabbed a 3tb hdd. I plugged everything in and only my ssd and my old hdd are showing up. its not showing in the bios too. 

im using the corsair air 540 which has 2 hdd slots. only one seems to work when i place my 1tb hdd on the right one it works but the 3tb hdd on the left slot doesnt work and vice versa. 

im using gigabyte z97mx gaming 5 motherboard

Dead port?

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

You might have a dead sata port on your mobo, can you still RMA it?

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

maybe a bad cable? check that first

Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: i7 4790k || Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: GTX 770 || Mobo: Z97 PC Mate || Storage: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro || RAM: 4x4GB 1333mHz

Just keep trying. Thats how mine got fixed lol. Keep unplugging, installing drivers and stuff. I had this issues, Its gone now and I do not know why or how. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Alright I fixed it. One of the HDD slot on my Air 540 was broken. :( 

So instead I used my own sata cord and molex . cable managements gets ruined but atleast i got it working :D  

12788846_1675238999397472_1072520994_o.jpg

10 hours ago, Werdna said:

~snip~

Hey there Werdna,

You might be able to replace the bad cable if it's under warranty and make sure the cable management is great again! :)
Good job on troubleshooting the problem. Swapping SATA and Power cables plus SATA ports on the motherboard should be the first thing you should try when you have Storage Drive issues. 

Post back if you need further help or if you happen to have other questions or issues :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/