Movies

stan92

@RatedBlam what do you mean how things had advanced? your still making no sense... im sorry im not being rude etc

@Lil Chillbil ok thanks, so compression type what others are their and which is best quality and size etc even if size isnt a problem for me etc? whats the compression type of the film on the reel? or is it raw? also why is their grain in the movie? is it bad pixels of light in the lens of the camera? also show me examples of a film camera vs digital new camera please

OMG, OK last try. I saw your post and I commented on it. Because I'm writing and essay I'm not monitoring the thread constantly, I close LTT and when I come back to see have you gotten an answer to your question, then I come up with an error saying the page can't be found. Then I see your new topic about movies and I decide to ask if anyone knows what happened. While I'm writing the post, @Lil Chillbil says that the thread got removed, thus I edited my post so someone would not have to answer me! Do you under stand now?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

@RatedBlam what do you mean how things had advanced? your still making no sense... im sorry im not being rude etc

@Lil Chillbil ok thanks, so compression type what others are their and which is best quality and size etc even if size isnt a problem for me etc? whats the compression type of the film on the reel? or is it raw? also why is their grain in the movie? is it bad pixels of light in the lens of the camera? also show me examples of a film camera vs digital new camera please

There is grain, because every single pixel must be accounted for and you end up with grain in the raw footage which can be fixed in post, also always go digital with your cameras. film is to dang expensive the reel of film is just raw pictures 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

@RatedBlam i must be slow because sir some of what you said didnt make sense...

@Lil Chillbil so reels are just millions of pictures? also what do you mean every pixel is accounted for? how many pixels are on those things? also every movie ive watched their is grain in it.... so they dont fix it, also whats post?

@RatedBlam i must be slow because sir some of what you said didnt make sense...

@Lil Chillbil so reels are just millions of pictures? also what do you mean every pixel is accounted for? how many pixels are on those things? also every movie ive watched their is grain in it.... so they dont fix it, also whats post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLYkOnYCd7E

#KilledMyWife 

@Lil Chillbil also whats d-cinema and Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format) 

@Lil Chillbil also whats d-cinema and Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format) 

d cinema, is digital cinema its what you see in xtreme digital theaters

cinemark-1371142548.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

@Lil Chillbil and Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)? also please go back and answer all the questions that ive asked you, it seems you have missed many

@Lil Chillbil and Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)? also please go back and answer all the questions that ive asked you, it seems you have missed many

CPDI is what film is in its natural state when put onto a pc in digital format 

#KilledMyWife 

@Lil Chillbil ok and is that a container? and whats 2k? and about all those other questions in this post that you didnt answer please

@Lil Chillbil ok and is that a container? and whats 2k? and about all those other questions in this post that you didnt answer please

2k is a resolution of the film,  could you ask those questions again all at once?

144p 

240p

360p

480p

480i

720p

720i

1080p

1080i

#KilledMyWife 

@Lil Chillbil yes i can, also why do they downscale everything because im pretty sure blurays are 1080p....

1. so h.264 is a compression type what others are their and which is best quality and size etc even if size isnt a problem for me etc? 
2. whats the compression type of the film on the reels? and does it vary? or is it raw? 
@T.Vengeance said “Film grain can be added in post though. Also the reason why is perhaps either the rolling shutter effect you get with CMOS sensors or the flare with bright lights on CCD sensors that gets film makers to use film.” What is post? Why do they add grain and whats shutter effect? And what cameras etc use CMOS sensors and whats flare with bright lights on CCD sensors? What are they used on too?

@Lil Chillbil yes i can, also why do they downscale everything because im pretty sure blurays are 1080p....

1. so h.264 is a compression type what others are their and which is best quality and size etc even if size isnt a problem for me etc? 

2. whats the compression type of the film on the reels? and does it vary? or is it raw? 

3. @T.Vengeance said “Film grain can be added in post though. Also the reason why is perhaps either the rolling shutter effect you get with CMOS sensors or the flare with bright lights on CCD sensors that gets film makers to use film.” What is post? Why do they add grain and whats shutter effect? And what cameras etc use CMOS sensors and whats flare with bright lights on CCD sensors? What are they used on too?

Blu-rays are 1080p because the world isn't ready for higher than that yet. 

1. yes, there is h.265 which is still in beta, you should stick to h.264 

2. there is no compression on the reels, only straight up images shot raw

3. post is post production, in this film you can see why they would add a vintage filter 

#KilledMyWife 

@Lil Chillbil ok and the rest please
1. What is rolling shutter effect that you get with CMOS sensors or the flare with bright lights on CCD sensors that gets film makers to use film.
2. Why do they add grain and whats shutter effect?
3. What cameras etc use CMOS sensors and whats flare with bright lights on CCD sensors? What are they used on too?

@Lil Chillbil 

Also

4. when they chemically bath the film do they have to dunk millions of these individually to produce the whole movie?

@Lil Chillbil ok and the rest please

1. What is rolling shutter effect that you get with CMOS sensors or the flare with bright lights on CCD sensors that gets film makers to use film.

2. Why do they add grain and whats shutter effect?

3. What cameras etc use CMOS sensors and whats flare with bright lights on CCD sensors? What are they used on too?

1. Rolling shutter is when you get motion blur from the sensor a dslr, regular camcorders like the red or handycams don't get this effect. Lens flare can easily be compensated for by using a filter over the lens but this does add the grain effect by not letting as much light thru

2. They add grain to make it look old or more "cinema" like

3. cmos is mainly on dslr cams and the flare you see is the camera seeing the waves of light bouncing off its sensor

4. No, it is captured onto the camera and then re-captured by connecting it onto a tape deck and then onto a pc

#KilledMyWife 

1. Rolling shutter is when you get motion blur from the sensor a dslr, regular camcorders like the red or handycams don't get this effect. Lens flare can easily be compensated for by using a filter over the lens but this does add the grain effect by not letting as much light thru

2. They add grain to make it look old or more "cinema" like

3. cmos is mainly on dslr cams and the flare you see is the camera seeing the waves of light bouncing off its sensor

4. No, it is captured onto the camera and then re-captured by connecting it onto a tape deck and then onto a pc

No, rolling shutter is not motion blur, it's the weird bending/wobbling/jello effect you get because of the way data is recorded off (usually) DSLR CMOS sensors. 

http://youtu.be/-Mh8hciKz5w?t=4m43s

(video won't embed)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

No, rolling shutter is not motion blur, it's the weird bending/wobbling/jello effect you get because of the way data is recorded off (usually) DSLR CMOS sensors. 

http://youtu.be/-Mh8hciKz5w?t=4m43s

(video won't embed)

I had to answer like 50 question i'm bound to get some wrong :P 

#KilledMyWife 

I had to answer like 50 question i'm bound to get some wrong :P

Also, lens flares are more of the refraction of light inside the lens itself :P

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

There is grain, because every single pixel must be accounted for and you end up with grain in the raw footage which can be fixed in post, also always go digital with your cameras. film is to dang expensive the reel of film is just raw pictures 

Not really, grain (in digital) is caused by high ISO. ISO is basically the "gain" of your cameras sensor. 

Like with microphones, higher gain results in higher sensitivity (because you're amplifying the signal more), really high gain can introduce static and hiss, the same way it can introduce those "artifacts" in video.

In film, grain is caused by the different flecks that actually absorbs the light, some of these flecks are more sensitive (i.e. have higher iso) than the others.

15" MBP TB