Raspberry Pi 3 Announced, same price point, better features

They just announced the new Raspberry Pi 3 this morning. It looks as if its going to be a big step up from the Pi 2 in terms of built in connectivity with bluetooth and wifi. It will support bluetooth low energy in a coming software update. This makes it an excellent choice for a IoT hub, however I think the pi zero is still the way to go for most basic IoT projects as its cheaper and has a lower power consumption. No need to power features that you don't need. Still, this is exciting news, especially considering that it will remain at the $35 price point.

It also represents a pretty big leap forward in processing power, making the idea of a pi 3 cluster even more appealing. I'd love to see more people doing home parallel computing, especially with the growing ease of entry into data analysis.

http://makezine.com/2016/02/28/meet-the-new-raspberry-pi-3/

Nice, will be cool to see easy to do IoT implementation stuff on the internet. Even though I don't do it my self, I like to learn and watch about it.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

No point having two of the same threads discussing the same topic. Reported so a mod can merge them or something.

-KuJoe

Ok...seems a bit arbitrary since the time stamp on the posts are the same. I'm assuming that we made them close to the same time, as I verified before I began writing that there wasn't a preexisting post. I didn't realize that more than one discussion on a topic was specifically discouraged, so much so that posts on similar topics are merged. 

1 minute ago, Rosabonita said:

Ok...seems a bit arbitrary since the time stamp on the posts are the same. I'm assuming that we made them close to the same time, as I verified before I began writing that there wasn't a preexisting post. I didn't realize that more than one discussion on a topic was specifically discouraged, so much so that posts on similar topics are merged. 

Well yeah course it is discouraged coz if everyone who's interested in a topic made a thread they'd be like 20-50 topics on it. 

Also do not sure what your on about with the time stamps it says you made this an hour ago I made mine at least 2 hours ago. 

I lurk a lot

Mine also says 2 hours ago, so I'm not sure what you're referencing. I know that I made it about that time and, as I stated, I know that there wasn't a preexisting forum on the topic, unless, as I suggested, you too made it at the same time. Its unfortunate that the time stamp system isn't more accurate, but, regardless, I'm beginning to find your behavior a bit odd. Had I seen your post I would have happily replied to it, seeing as I too am excited about the pi 3 (albeit for different reasons, if my perusal of your topic is accurate). Yet, you seem to be reacting to my enthusiasm in an unwarranted, confrontational manner. This forum seems nothing if not a bit underpopulated compared to some of the others. As a frequenter of it, it would make more sense for you to be enthused to have others enthused rather than this unwelcoming behavior thus exhibited. Can't we just be friendly?

This thread was made later and doesn't contain any 

discussion related to the actual topic, so i am locking

it. If you want to talk about the new raspberry pi you

can go here.

------

47 minutes ago, Rosabonita said:

Its unfortunate that the time stamp system isn't more accurate.

If you hover your mouse pointer over the time stamp it

should give you a more accurate time.