4690K overheating with no OC 90+ C (Swiftech H240X)

Also when I squeeze the tubes while in the BIOS, ill see the RPM's go to like 55 or something small like that as if I am pushing water past whatever sensor is in there. So I know its not a sensor problem

1 hour ago, rdonlick3 said:

Also when I squeeze the tubes while in the BIOS, ill see the RPM's go to like 55 or something small like that as if I am pushing water past whatever sensor is in there. So I know its not a sensor problem

Well I thought it might have something to determine whether it needs to be at full speed or not, but honestly I could tell the difference in sound when I switched it to full speed so it must have some kind of control. It was noticeably louder when it was set to stay at full speed.

The pump is 3,000rpm at full speed. You can clearly hear and see water is moving quickly from the reservoir window. I tried to fill mine to as full as possible. But there was always a small air bubble in the corner of the reservoir. You can see the bubble moves like crazy when the pump is in full speed.

Yeah the pump was working at times and I saw the craziness youre talking about, so someone from Swiftech told me to top off the reservoir but that didnt fix the problem now the pump doesnt work at all.

Yeah the pump was working at times and I saw the craziness youre talking about, so someone from Swiftech told me to top off the reservoir but that didnt fix the problem now the pump doesnt work at all.

There is a power connector plugs into the pump. It could be a bad connection or something. If nothing works, you'll better RMA it.

Yeah I just tried switching some power cords around somehow LOST my SSD in the process and Windows stopped booting correctly, so now that nonsense is over with, different power connector didnt fix anything. I still have the stock 4690k fan that came with the processor unused so I think i can RMA it but I'll wait for Dango to email be back to see if he has any other solutions first

On 3/6/2016 at 0:42 PM, rdonlick3 said:

Yeah I just tried switching some power cords around somehow LOST my SSD in the process and Windows stopped booting correctly, so now that nonsense is over with, different power connector didnt fix anything. I still have the stock 4690k fan that came with the processor unused so I think i can RMA it but I'll wait for Dango to email be back to see if he has any other solutions first

I'm pretty sure he meant check the power connector that plugs directly into the bottom of the pump.