Help with H100i GTX temps

Hey guys! 

Been a long time since I've been here, but I have come to ask for some help since I just can't seem to 

get my fans/AIO the way that I want them to perform at. 

I have an intel i7 4960k (and I believe it's not overclocked), with the H100i GTX and 2 Noctua NF-12's.
(I had an H220x, had huge pump issue so I had to change and the x61 didn't fit my case). 

I am currently sitting at around 40-45* C while browsing the internet with Chrome and have maybe 1 twitch stream open,

along side spotify and maybe Teamspeak open. 
I used to maybe be around 33-36 with the H220x.

EDIT: my room temperature is at around 25* C (just in case that helps)

And if I am playing something like Witcher 3, I'll go up to 56* C, and in Dota 2 I'll go to like 48-50* C.  

I have done the fan optimization that ASUS provides with the AI Suite, and it's great, but it get the noctua's to ~700-800 rpm

and my temps will spike. 

I attached a picture of the CPU temp (3 tabs on chrome, and teamspeak open), as well as the RPM on both rad fans and the

line graph that is used for both of those fans (They have the same exact line graph).

Any helps is appreciated. 
If you think I am exaggerating, then please do say so, because I think that 

even 5-10* C in difference is huge, haha.

Thanks! 

EDIT 2: Added a picture of corsair link. I have the pump set to "quiet mode" since the performance mode made the pump have an awful sound.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Babypowder

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

-SNIP-

One thing I notice is your CPU reading is at zero are you plugging in the pump line into the CPU header cause that is usually recommended. One thing I noticed though are you using 4 pin PWM based NF-F12's or 3 pin versions since that graph you have shown with the controllable range is most likely setup as DC voltage control. 

11 minutes ago, W-L said:

One thing I notice is your CPU reading is at zero are you plugging in the pump line into the CPU header cause that is usually recommended. One thing I noticed though are you using 4 pin PWM based NF-F12's or 3 pin versions since that graph you have shown with the controllable range is most likely setup as DC voltage control. 

I plugged in the fans into the motherboard separately, they are not connected to the H100i connector. The pump itself is connected to the CPU header. 

The 2 rad fans are using an extension cable (provided by noctua), but like I said they are connected straight into 2 fan headers on the mobo. 

I had to disable a CPU warning in the Bios that prevented me from booting due to the fact that it was reading that zero. Not sure why. I have the h100i connected to the CPU header (CPU_FAN).  

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, Babypowder said:

-SNIP-

That's a bit odd it should be showing an RPM value, for the fans having them separate from the cooler unit isn't a problem just make sure if they are the 4 pin PWM version to setup the header in the BIOS as PWM control, it will give you more control on the low end of things. 

Just now, W-L said:

That's a bit odd it should be showing an RPM value, for the fans having them separate from the cooler unit isn't a problem just make sure if they are the 4 pin PWM version to setup the header in the BIOS as PWM control, it will give you more control on the low end of things. 

It was odd. I had to google it and someone had the same issue with the h100i and they fixed it by doing that. However his/her temps where 29*c to 33*c while doing similar things (chrome and 2-3 more programs). 

I added a corsair link photo just for more help.

Current Build:

3 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

It was odd. I had to google it and someone had the same issue with the h100i and they fixed it by doing that. However his/her temps where 29*c to 33*c while doing similar things (chrome and 2-3 more programs). 

I added a corsair link photo just for more help.

Oh I see the 1800rpm for the pump but no fans I think they might be passing through the RPM of the fans and not the pump directly to the 3 pin CPU header which would explain why it's giving a zero reading. 

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh I see the 1800rpm for the pump but no fans I think they might be passing through the RPM of the fans and not the pump directly to the 3 pin CPU header which would explain why it's giving a zero reading. 

I mean, the pump is working fine. 

However, I am not sure if I am exaggerating a bit, but right now after having the computer on for 4 hours and using Chrome (4 tabs) and having teamspeak and steam open, I am currently sitting at 37* C average. 

Current Build:

2 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

I mean, the pump is working fine. 
However, I am not sure if I am exaggerating a bit, but right now after having the computer on for 4 hours and using Chrome (4 tabs) and having teamspeak and steam open, I am currently sitting at 37* C average. 

37C is a little warm depending on your ambient but not bad at all, it's mainly load temps that are something to keep an eye on espically if overclocked. If you want to try and improve it you can try doing a remount of the CPU block. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

37C is a little warm depending on your ambient but not bad at all, it's mainly load temps that are something to keep an eye on espically if overclocked. If you want to try and improve it you can try doing a remount of the CPU block. 

Alright. Thanks.

Current Build:

This is a common issue, and a possible fix is to add some o-rings to the backplate if your remount doesn't solve the problem. See this post. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

2 hours ago, Jidonsu said:

This is a common issue, and a possible fix is to add some o-rings to the backplate if your remount doesn't solve the problem. See this post. 

Huh... Does this really help? That's not that big of an issue to due, but it is a bit of a hassle. 

I am currently at like 37*C but they seemed to have higher temps. 

Will check it out. 

Current Build:

6 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Huh... Does this really help? That's not that big of an issue to due, but it is a bit of a hassle. 

I am currently at like 37*C but they seemed to have higher temps. 

Will check it out. 

I might have you confused with someone who was getting 90 to 100 degree C load temps. So many of the same questions get asked here. I think it's time to do a sticky. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury